Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hype, according to the pro arms? The "whole" market is all of us. I'm a decrepit old man who finds Aviars too stable for his style of spin putting. For me, the Rattler works pretty good. I can't throw a Champ Boss anywhere but around a corner, but the light R-Pro Bosses let me get what I can out of that great glide. Everyone is a little different. Hype is a thing of the mind (and the mouth). Results are in the scores, from the bottom to the top. Expounding is part of the fun though. Everyone else is full of it, exceptin' you and me, but I ain't completely sure about you.
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
      I didn't know it was meant to be a monster roller. At least not in the last 10 years. The Stratus is brilliant as an understable approach disc though.
      Well, the what it says on the X version. Turnover Roller Driver. Now even if I throw one flat with the intentions of it turning to a roller, it over shoots the edge and lands past vertical. Effectively turning my roller into nothing. Of course I have seen a few people I play with throw 350 foot rollers with a Stratus but I cant do it.
      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
      Cleveland Brown

Comment

Star plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun View Post
          Star plastic.
          Can you explain why you feel Star plastic is overrated?
          I find that it has the perfect amount of grip and slip in my hand.
          Last edited by Uhlman; February 6th, 2010, 11:22 AM. Reason: spellin'
          Throw What You Know.
          "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
          PDGA# 45989

Comment

pretty sure star plastic is my favorite plastic Innova makes, so I'm going to have to disagree there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
              pretty sure star plastic is my favorite plastic Innova makes, so I'm going to have to disagree there.
              Me too... Just wish it weren't so darn expensive,
              Throw What You Know.
              "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
              PDGA# 45989

Comment

Can I just say "Discraft" in general.
                there is not a disc they make that flies as a disc should. They either pull way too far to the right or are so overstable that they are useless.
                "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

hands down the best plastic they still make.
                  My favourite putter is my driver.

Comment

Individual mileage may vary.
                    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ombudsman View Post
                      there is not a disc they make that flies as a disc should. They either pull way too far to the right or are so overstable that they are useless.
                      This is pure silliness.
                      We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                        Well, the what it says on the X version. Turnover Roller Driver. Now even if I throw one flat with the intentions of it turning to a roller, it over shoots the edge and lands past vertical. Effectively turning my roller into nothing. Of course I have seen a few people I play with throw 350 foot rollers with a Stratus but I cant do it.
                        Try combinations of more hyzer, more air, less arm speed and more late snap, different nose angles, and pixie dust.

Some discs are better rollers than others, and Stratuses are good rollers. You just have to figure them out.

These aren't backhand rollers but check out a guy that can make tricky rollers work with a Stratus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apSL3JGCUEo

Comment

Pixie Dust(Laughs!) I used to rely on that stuff. It let me down in the long run...

Comment

Originally posted by maynard View Post
                            Pixie Dust(Laughs!) I used to rely on that stuff. It let me down in the long run...
                            Yea, if you just eat it then you eventually build up an immunity. Then you gotta start freebasing, snorting it, or get it in liquid form and inject it into your eyeball to get the same effects.

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post

There are discs that have huge hype or huge followings that I don't think are overhyped because the discs live up to it.

The Teebird, Eagle-X, Rancho Roc, Buzzz, Wizard, Firebird, Whippet-X, Xtreme, Cyclone, and Gazelle are good examples.
                              Somebody has been reading DGR. I think the only ones you left off were the PD, Predator and Comet.

I have to say for me the Gazelle and Wizard are over hyped. The Gazelle is a shorter Teebird or faster Roc and the Wizard is a slightly more stable Aviar big bead that you can never find in the same plastic twice.

Comment

Blanket statements about Discraft just make me laugh these days, it's perfectly rational to critique both of the main disc manufacturers, I can level legitimate criticism of Discraft. But if all the discs they made were poor, why would sponsored pros win tournaments throwing only Discraft plastic? If the gap between the two companies was enough to add or subtract even just 2 strokes no top pro would ever play for the lesser company. Just my $.02
                                PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
                                dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X