Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I would go with an Ontario Roc and or a standard dx Roc that you've tuned, in place of a Panther. If you like rocs of course. I find it easier to carry less molds, but more discs of the same mold in various stages of ware, to cover the over stable/understable part of my game. I also carry a leopard and love them, grab on in pro plastic, they are cheap and easily replaceable if you beat one in to far. I'd also think that you could live without a beast. Or perhaps try a Roadrunner in place of the leopard and the beast, somewhere in the middle ground as far as distance goes and still has the understability you are looking for.

Comment

If you're looking for distance hyzer flip or just anhyzers the Avenger SS works really well. If you are looking for a controlled fairway anhyzers a Leopard is a good disc, though I prefer them in Champion Plastic, but it's personal preference.
      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I had a nicely tuned kc pro roc that I left on the course last month. Our rec players kamloops just keep stuff. We never get phone calls. My Oregon trip is in May so I'm not sire I have the time to beat stable stuff up right now. One of my destoyers will hyzer flip for me of i've got a little room to play with on the right I can get that out about 450-475 feet. So I've got longer somewhat narrow stuff covered. Looking for something under stable for the 100-150 and something in the 200-300 foot range.
        My favourite putter is my driver.

Comment

I'm absolutely smitten with my Gateway Element in the Evolution HPP plastic. It might fit the bill for what you are looking for.

Comment

Pro Destroyer
            DX Destroyer
            Rpro Boss
            Pro Boss
            2x DX wraith 1-light 1-heavy
            Pro valk
            DX valk
            DX Orc
            Stalker

Mids
            DX cobra
            DX stingray
            2x DX rocs 1-beatup 1-new
            DX classic roc

Putter/upshots
            AT-6 Texan putter
            discraft 09 ace race proto

Comment

Originally posted by jevon View Post
              I'm absolutely smitten with my Gateway Element in the Evolution HPP plastic. It might fit the bill for what you are looking for.
              Not sure on the plastic but I had an element and gave it to a friend for a first run star stamp xcalibur he wasn't throwing.

Comment

100-150 foot range, I'm an Aviar driver fan in dx plastic, of course!

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                  I don't know why but I can't seem to control a putter past 60 feet. I usually reach for a midrange and choke up. I love my champ shark to about 125.

Comment

Try a Meteor in the 100-150 foot range for turnovers.
                    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Or a stingray, I used to love those things until I replaced them with a putter/roc for my mid game

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                        If I have a straight shot, I prefer an Aviar from 250' in to the pin
                        "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_from_BC View Post
                          I don't know why but I can't seem to control a putter past 60 feet. I usually reach for a midrange and choke up. I love my champ shark to about 125.
                          Mega Hyzer and mega spin, baby!
                          With, of course, the Berkeley Power Grip
                          Last edited by The Ombudsman; February 10th, 2010, 03:34 PM.
                          "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

Don't get me wrong, anyone that's played with me knows if it's an open shot inside 340 and somewhat straight, 90% of the time I'm reaching for my KC, but that 100-150 slow turnover with an avair driver is just so...money.

Comment

Or try changing up your grip. I use a modified fan grip for all my putters and mids when I'm driving/approaching. Dunno what kind of grip you're using now, but I experienced huge gains in my confidence in the 70-260' range when I started using that.
                              Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I agree with Tim in that, my four finger are flat on the inner flight plate when throwing a putter for distance. It allows me to get the spin I desire, with power, and I don't create off axis torque forcing the disc to turn over right out of the hand.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X