Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My understanding is that the Ringer is significantly more stable than the XD, and doesn't fly nearly as far (which can be a good thing in an approach disc).
    We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Steel View Post
      How's the Ringer compare to the XD? Isn't that what you used in the "before-time"?
      I actually used the Classic Roc in premium plastic (Star and Champ). The Ringer is not as stable as those, but it is a bit more stable than the XD. Kinda falls right in between. It doesn't seem to fly as far, not sure why that is, but at the end of its flight it seems to want to drop much quicker. It has a shallower rim, and gripping it for back hand throws doesn't quite feels as comfortable, although it has a very strait predicable flight.

The DX XD is quite a bomber actually. The longest throw I had was on 18 at Willamette in the right pin (380 ish), and was about 20 feet deep
      Team DISCRAFT
      NW Sign Up
      Gorilla Boy
      Paragon Disc Golf
      Odwalla

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
        ...can be a good thing in an approach disc.
        Totally agree. Very handy at times.

The Ringer is not very tall. I don't think it gets much lift. It flies straight but just drops out of the air.
        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
          I actually used the Classic Roc in premium plastic (Star and Champ). The Ringer is not as stable as those, but it is a bit more stable than the XD. Kinda falls right in between. It doesn't seem to fly as far, not sure why that is, but at the end of its flight it seems to want to drop much quicker. It has a shallower rim, and gripping it for back hand throws doesn't quite feels as comfortable, although it has a very strait predicable flight.

The DX XD is quite a bomber actually. The longest throw I had was on 18 at Willamette in the right pin (380 ish), and was about 20 feet deep
          I used a DX Classic Rock for P&A for a long time, but have been pure XD 100' and in for a while now. Reason I brought up the ringer was the shallow depth reminds me of the XD and CR, and the plastic is close to my special XD. God forbid I ever lose it.
          I can't throw one 400', but my only tourney ace was with an XD.

Comment

The XD was my first real golf disc and at that time(late 80's)I was told that XD meant "extra distance". I played for months with that one disc and couldnt figure out why it turned right all the time(RHBH). Then I got a "Brick Aviar" and a "B-17 Flying Fortress"(a HUGE giant Roc)that was over 200g I believe, and my game suddenly got better. And then came the "Stingray" the "Shadow" and the "Scorpion". We had no clue on disc speeds, the discs all seemed to go about the same distance only they just flew differently. Except the Scorpion that disc sailed!!!

Comment

Speaking of large diameter discs, I should try to get a Superclass tourney going over here. I think it would be fun from all the short positions at High Bridge (or maybe use some longs so people play the holes par 4/5).

Comment

I've really enjoyed reading this thread. It seems people have a better understanding of the old school discs than I thought.

I would have to vote for the.....drum roll please.......The Coupe!!!

The Coupe was a Midrange/Putter that Innova came out with in the 80's. Think of a lower profile Aviar which had greater speed and distance. It blew a lot of peope away at the time.....and happened to be some guy named Ken Climo's first disc ever.....

Please keep an eye out at www.purediscgolf.com in the next week or so. We are going to be listing many of these "obsolete" and hard to find Discraft Discs from the 90's. Cyclones, XL's, Comets, Reapers, Magnets, Buzz, etc....

ps. I also agree that the Classic Roc is a very under-hyped disc. They lost a lot of there popularity and actually went out of production for a while. Luckily, they're making a strong come back. I wouldn't throw anything else from 250' and in....
                Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

Originally posted by purediscgolf View Post
                  Please keep an eye out at www.purediscgolf.com in the next week or so. We are going to be listing many of these "obsolete" and hard to find Discraft Discs from the 90's. Cyclones, XL's, Comets, Reapers, Magnets, Buzz, etc....
                  Cool website, used CE plastic for $25, that's a pretty good price for something that will be in the bag for a long time.
                  Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Another under hyped disc is the Predator. The only other people I see carrying Preds besides me is all Discraft throwers.
                    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• I did throw Predator's until I got my greedy little fingers on some Pro Line Monster's and a couple Excal's I really liked. Kind of filled that niche for me.

Comment

• That's funny, because to me the Predator is what the Xcal was supposed to be

Its a touch slower and shorter, but handles wind so much better. And it doesn't beat in to be flippy like an Xcal does.

Comment

• Leopard. Does everything easily.
                          Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

• Leopard is f-ing rad! I'm not sure it's underhyped though. A lot of people carry one, however, they may not use it enough.

Comment

• Z Wildcat, solid.

Comment

• my old lady likes the soft banger gt, I have been putting in the yard this week with it and it really is quite a comfortable disc in hand and it is a dead nuts straight spin putt disc for me.Discraft just put out the Ringer it soft elite x would you discraft and make esp comets a non limited run disc for crying out loud.
                                The Frisbee is the mirror to the soul.

-M. Burns

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X