X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loocid
    One of my first mid-range discs was a Buzzz GrooveTop- to me it felt like a perfectly 'neutral' disc. If I threw it straight, it just went straight and stopped; with a little hyzer, gentle left turn, with a little anhyzer, gentle right turn. It felt a bit shorter and more floaty than a normal Buzzz, more of a 'finesse' disc. I've yet to meet anyone with this disc in their bag. I'm not sure if it was truly under-rated, or deemed inferior with good cause, but it was my bread and butter for quite a while starting out
    I have two of those, but I never throw them. I practiced with one of them in an open field for a while but they are becoming harder to find so I have kept them safely on my wall.
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
      What kind of trick shots would you use a Coyote for, it seemed to me like a straight up slightly understable midrange, at least in Champ plastic.
      Fletch gave me my Champion Coyote about an age ago. I tried it and I just couldn't come up with a reason for it. I told him he could take it back, but then he showed me the trick shot that made it pay for it's place in my bag. He showeth unto me that you can throw a huge, very high, annie, way up and around an obstacle. I'm talking about basically the same annie shot I talked about doing with the Ju Ju, but way bigger. If you can visualize an arc to the target point as a tilted straight line, up and around what's in the way, just snap that ol' Trickster into that line and it will follow it true and not give in to any fade. From the perspective of the thrower, the line it follows up to the apex is the line it will follow to the ground. It's hard to believe how well it does this. I suspect it works like this because of the larger diameter and the relatively heavy rim.
      Last edited by Ol' Bob; February 5th, 2010, 08:26 AM.
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Any hype about the Buzzz-GT is overhype.
        The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
          Yeah, echoing what Sean said, I think the XD has an unusually large following in the NW, especially in the PDX area. I don't doubt that Brody's putting prowess with one has played at least a small role with that.
          It certainly wasn't Pinkal.
          Current World Rank: 2857th
          Lowest Rated Round: 777
          Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
          Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
          Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
          Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
          Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
          Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
            No Sonic?
            I almost crapped my pants when I read that. LOL!
            www.soulpancake.com
            www.bahai.org
            http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
              Lol, no he wishes he was a rockstar. He's in a band called Rubberdiculous though.

Oh yeah, another amazingly underhyped disc is the Glide. I don't know anybody else who throws them. I would have mine in my bag except I need a bigger bag.

Also a great disc to teach people who have never thrown for distance how to throw for distance.
              I have a buddy also named casey up in WA who plays with 3 rocs in his bag and loves them unconditionally and always telling me my game will never reach it's full potential until i get one... thought we were having a small world moment... but my casey's band is called sideways reign...

peace,
              em
              "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
              Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                Lol, no he wishes he was a rockstar. He's in a band called Rubberdiculous though.

Oh yeah, another amazingly underhyped disc is the Glide. I don't know anybody else who throws them. I would have mine in my bag except I need a bigger bag.

Also a great disc to teach people who have never thrown for distance how to throw for distance.
                I know 2 people with them in their bags and wouldn't leave them behind.
                According to Mazza I have a sissy arm

Comment

ESP Impact. I'm getting some delicious flights out of mine lately. Slow turning with no fade at the end up to 350. Such a quick disc for being a mid (its really a hybrid) yet so controllable. Does anyone else throw these?

Z Reaper. Great blend of stability and glide. Similar to that of a KC Banshee, but a touch less stable. Slightly wider in overall diameter, but very similar in feel along the rim and wing.
                  Team DISCRAFT
                  NW Sign Up
                  Gorilla Boy
                  Paragon Disc Golf
                  Odwalla

Comment

I don't know if they are underhyped but don't see many people throwing Drones. I could not live without them.

Also the DX Cheetah always has a place in my bag.

Comment

Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
                      ESP Impact. I'm getting some delicious flights out of mine lately. Slow turning with no fade at the end up to 350. Such a quick disc for being a mid (its really a hybrid) yet so controllable. Does anyone else throw these?
                      I've been a fan of these since they came out, though your assessment might carry a little more weight than mine. One of my Innova fanboy/"Discrap" hater friends threw mine one day warming up at Lakewood. He parked hole 15 in the long (shooting back towards the pond, to the position in the far right--one of the best holes on the course, IMO) with it. And was nowhere close with his go-to discs...a Roadrunner and CE Valk if memory serves. Still, he keeps an all Innova bag. Go figure.
                      Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I personally don't throw an Impact as I can't make it do anything worthwhile but I have a very good friend of mine that consistently parks holes that he cant get to because of control issues with drivers but somehow gets there with the Impact. Go figure. Essentially, he can't drive to the basket of 9 @ Corbin but can get to the 30 foot mark around the basket with an Impact.

Same kid also throws putters further then he can throw mids.
                        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                        Cleveland Brown

Comment

I just recently pulled my ESP Impact back out. Still works out as great as ever. Earned back it's place in my bag
                          According to Mazza I have a sissy arm

Comment

The Impact is a really nice disc, its just that it seemed like too much of a tweener disc to me. Too long and fast for a mid, and didn't do longer lines as well as my Eagle-X's.

It also seemed fairly nose angle sensitive to me, which isn't what I'm looking for in a shorter disc. Nose up, its all left; nose down it goes hard right.
                            We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
                              The Impact is a really nice disc, its just that it seemed like too much of a tweener disc to me. Too long and fast for a mid, and didn't do longer lines as well as my Eagle-X's.

It also seemed fairly nose angle sensitive to me, which isn't what I'm looking for in a shorter disc. Nose up, its all left; nose down it goes hard right.
                              I can see that. It is a bit of a tweener disc, I don't actually use it for mid/approach at all. I use it on 275-350 holes that require a gradual turn that doesn't quite fit my forehand lines. I actually only use the Ringer everything 200 and in, unless its a sidearm, then a pred or reaper will do.
                              Team DISCRAFT
                              NW Sign Up
                              Gorilla Boy
                              Paragon Disc Golf
                              Odwalla

Comment

Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
                                I can see that. It is a bit of a tweener disc, I don't actually use it for mid/approach at all. I use it on 275-350 holes that require a gradual turn that doesn't quite fit my forehand lines. I actually only use the Ringer everything 200 and in, unless its a sidearm, then a pred or reaper will do.
                                How's the Ringer compare to the XD? Isn't that what you used in the "before-time"?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X