X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cefire View Post
    ... I think the XL gets my vote for Discraft's most underhyped but amazing disc.
    I gave this disc a go a while back. It was in Z plastic and that dude was too stable for my liking although my throwing form has definately made great strides as of late. I may try and play with one again what plastic line is a good indicator of amazingness?
    The Frisbee is the mirror to the soul.

-M. Burns

Comment

Originally posted by grant View Post
      I may try and play with one again what plastic line is a good indicator of amazingness?
      I dunno, but you're right to ask the question, because even Discraft gives the XL four different ratings depending on the plastic.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Underhyped!!!!

Tracker
        XCal
        Coyote
        TL
        Roadrunner
        New Discraft Glo Stuff (stalker and buzzz)
        Pulse
        www.soulpancake.com
        www.bahai.org
        http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
          Along the lines of Papa's post, I think the XL gets my vote for Discraft's most underhyped but amazing disc.
          I just picked one up a couple weeks ago. I'm really into it. I love that its high speed turn is very gradual and deliberate, not twitchy. I don't know how better to describe it than that. Feel me? I've only thrown it in max weight ESP. I'll pick up a Z version next time.

Comment

Classic Roc

I know I haven't seen two other people use them, but they are awesome. Straight with a little fade at the end. I use mine for everthing 220' and in.
            Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

The Coyote is a great trick disc. Mine just got crowded out of my bag. But sometimes, I'm left with a crazy shot that makes me wish I had it with me.
              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

well after starting this thread I was unsure how many different people were throwing so many diverse types of discs. I am very excited to see that this was a topic worth discussing, I am pretty sure there are so many discraft discs listed on this thread is due to the fact that we are on the west coast were as it seems if you go east of the rockies, it seemed to me when in Illinois I always saw d-craft in players bags. Anyway I just like playing with any disc that feels good in my paw, and I appreciate all the info given on all of your "misfit" discs I look forward to trying a few out, Champ Birdie sounds like it could be a blast to huck around ole Meadow Ridge.
                The Frisbee is the mirror to the soul.

-M. Burns

Comment

Originally posted by runnaman View Post
                  Classic Roc

I know I haven't seen two other people use them, but they are awesome. Straight with a little fade at the end. I use mine for everthing 220' and in.
                  Anything with the name Roc in it can't be in the under hyped disc section.
                  Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Rocs? Nobody uses those anymore. They're too popular.

(With apologies to Yogi.)
                    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                      Anything with the name Roc in it can't be in the under hyped disc section.
                      I agree that Rocs are used by nearly everyone, but I see very few people using a Classic Roc. Which, in my opinion, is different than a Roc.

Comment

I agree that Rocs are used by nearly everyone, but I see very few people using a Classic Roc. Which, in my opinion, is different than a Roc.
                        Now that I think about it, I guess you're right, because I have a couple of Buzzz GT's that have the Buzzz name but no one throws. Most people are throwing the Ontario Roc? I don't know I don't know much about all the makes of the Roc.
                        Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Basically, the Classic Roc is a putt/approach disc.

Comment

Basically, the Classic Roc is a putt/approach disc.
                            And much more understable than a Roc.
                            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

The Classic Roc is the only Roc my buddy Casey uses. He's got three and uses them perfectly. Like most use their regular Rocs.
                              "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                              Cleveland Brown

Comment

DX XD

I would also throw my vote in for the Z-Extreme and Tracker.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X