X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maynard View Post
    Oh yes I cant forget to list my sticker cyclones from the 90's, I believe this is the most legendary plastic Disccraft ever made.
    I take it this is the cactus stamp? If so, then it is Tournament Pro plastic and you are correct in that the stuff was amazing.

I've heard some of the ESP Cyclones fly similarly, which is promising considering how poopy Z Cyclones are.
    We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

The 'secret weapon' in my bag is my 80 mold Midnight Flyer from Wham-O. I never leave home without it. Besides being a great warm-up disc, I have used it to save countless pars with amazing touch forehands and rollers. I even made birdie with it on a 130' shot out of the trees on the old hole 5 at Juel. It has the capability of making huge sweeping annie turns in very short distances. I can turn corners with it like no other disc can. People constantly ask "Is that thing legal?"
      "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

I have never seen anybody besides myself throwing the ESP Venom. Those things are money for overhand, sidearm and hyzer backhands. Too bad I just lost one at Faragut on 7 on Northstar .

As for the ESP Cyclone, that's the closest I've ever seen to the old school tournament Cyclone. My buddies dad has a bunch of the old ones from when he played. Won't sell them though .

As for the Comet, I grip lock it too much to throw my X one well. When I get my grip perfect, then I'll pull it out and love it. The throws I have had with it that worked were AMAZING.

Oh btw, if anybody goes to Faragut, and happens to find the disc (it'd be buried in the tree line off to the left of the fairway, about 70-100 feet back from the pin). The wind blew really really hard as it was coming in and carried it to the tops of the trees. No way to get it at least when I was there. I would greatly appreciate it if I get it back. It'd be worth something...
        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
        Cleveland Brown

Comment

I carry a Ching Ju Ju for high annies around obstacles. When you get it spinning in a particular plane of rotation, it just seems to hold it, resisting the fade.
          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

For me I think the two most underhyped discs and at the same time the two discs I have had in my bag the longest are the XL and the Stratus. The great thing about these discs is that there is a place in everyone's bag for both of these discs no matter what your skill level.

When I first started throwing these discs in 1997 the Stratus was my perfect straight disc and the XL was the big driver that went on to hold the distance record for quite some time.

Now, the Stratus is the disc that everyone thinks is broken because it makes perfect left hand hyzer shots for me when thrown righty backhand. The XL is now, and has been for quite sometime, my most controllable fairway driver that I have ever thrown. I will wear this disc out on courses that require accuracy and where staying in a narrow fairway is a plus. Speed is great but I will take my chances riding slow and straight and staying in the short stuff!

So if you don't own these two discs, they might be something to keep in mind for your next time of trying something old that is new!

Later,
            Papa
            Team Discraft
            Instructional Editor DiscGolfer Magazine

Comment

I'm always surprised by how few people throw the Champion Spider. Its definitely a go-to disc in so many situations.
              "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

I picked up a Lattitude 64 Riot last year, and to this day my friend wes is the only other person I've seen with one. I'd place it somewhere between a Wraith and a Destroyer in terms of flight (for me anyway). But you mix that flight with the very smooth under rim and the sweet opto plastic and you've got a winner. It will never come out of my bag.
                My favourite putter is my driver.

Comment

The Impact has held a place in my bag for a long time, and I hardly see anyone else throwing them. Still throwing my original Ace Race version, and loving it, though it might be time for me to try out a new one.

Also, it shouldn't be, but the Predator seems to be an underhyped disc for the most part. I've had one in the bag since before I even had an inkling of an understanding about stabilities and whatnot. Outside of the internet and Discraft-exclusive players though, it's rare for me to see people throwing them. Most common response I get when I tell someone I have one in the bag: "Huh, I've never thrown one. What do they fly like?"
                  Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I don't care much for the new school of disc golf discs personally, I know they have there place and all and they will flood the market and all but I really like to fondle the old stuff that started it all off. Lately I really have been contemplating going with an old school bag with the old cyclones and all that good stuff, the problem is finding them at a reasonable price and not being beat up from years of play. Also I hope that there will be more superclass events this coming year I really think that slow and steady wins the race in my opinion, but then again I don't play for $ or pride just fun and good times.
                    The Frisbee is the mirror to the soul.

-M. Burns

Comment

I throw forehand and the Raging Inferno is my go to driver, especially when it's worn in. The inside rim where you put your fingers is rounded so it feels great and fits like a glove for forehanders. It also starts off pretty overstable, which again is awesome for forehanders since we tend to throw faster, making what is stable for a backhander understable for a forehander.

So my vote is for the Raging Inferno, great driver but nobody uses it.

Ryan
                      ========

Comment

I will also say ching juju (supreme for me) Most reliable putt and and under 100' approach disc I have used. Dead straight and will hold any line you put on it. I obv. use it more than any other disc and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Comment

Yes Parks you are correct on the Cyclones Iam referring too. I also agree on the Ram comment. But let us also not forget the #1 Hyzer from Lightning need I say more to those of us who were around when that disc came out. Fun Topic!

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
                            I think the Zone is an underhyped disc. That sucker is solid.
                            I have been taking a looksy at this disc and it looks intriguing, just picked up the Ringer and am loving the feel of it, also would like to try out the soft Focus being that it comes in elite X and I really like the feel of that plastic. Anyone tryed the soft focus and is willin to let it go possibly trade for something I don't throw.
                            The Frisbee is the mirror to the soul.

-M. Burns

Comment

The Meteor... sweet anny approaches... or laser beam hyzer flips, though you have to release with extreme hyzer. Might be too understable for big arms, but if you've got around 325 foot of power, this disc is money. I probably use this disc more than any other.

Comment

Is the XD underrated, or just old?
                                Last edited by Cold Steel; February 3rd, 2010, 12:26 PM. Reason: saving face

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X