X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contact info on R-Pro plastic?

Hey I was wondering if anyone has come up with a good method of putting contact info on R-Pro plastic. Seems like I have to re-write my info after every use of my R-Pro plastic. The sharpie ink just rubs right off.

Cindy
    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
    Stumptown #176
    PDGA #37716

Hot branding irons. Anyone tried that?
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Try the inside of the rim. I've had no problem writing there, but did notice that stuff written on the flight plate rubbed right off.

Comment

I will try that first (before melting it). Nothing I've tried has worked yet.
        Last edited by Ol' Bob; January 27th, 2010, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
          Try the inside of the rim. I've had no problem writing there, but did notice that stuff written on the flight plate rubbed right off.
          Thanks Scott. I did try that it is better, but it still rubs off. I think one reason is my pre-drive ritual is to grip the rim, and rotate it a few times while gripping it.

Cindy
          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
          Stumptown #176
          PDGA #37716

Comment

This is a feature of R-Pro plastic.

If you've lost it, then chances are that you've thrown it at least once and its broken in so flippy that you'll no longer want it back.
            We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
              ...its broken in so flippy that you'll no longer want it back.
              Sez the big-arms. It might be a 142 that I'm still waitin' for to get right.

Comment

I just tried something that looks like it's working. I well scuffed the underside of the flight plate with fine sandpaper before marking it with a Sharpie. It's initially not rubbing off. I think it's actually going to stay there.

Comment

I use an industrial sharpie (you can get them at alot of hardware and office supply stores), and I have used bob's trick of roughing up the surface... It is what I do before I paint model rockets. Use fine grit sandpaper, 300 or higher though.
                  Throw What You Know.
                  "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
                  PDGA# 45989

Comment

I think it is further proof that R-pro plastic wasn't meant to exist.

edit: except for soft putters, I suppose.
                    Last edited by ChUcK; January 30th, 2010, 09:07 AM.
                    The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
                      I couldn't agree with you more.
                      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post

Why all the haters against R-Pro plastic. I throw 160 weight, and R-pro plastic being lighter allows me to throw a Boss & Katana. I have tried to throw the heavier 168 range, and I am just not as successful with those molds in that heavier weight. I would say there is difinatly a nich for the R-Pro plastic. Al least in my bag there is.

Cindy
                        2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                        Stumptown #176
                        PDGA #37716

Comment

I don't like the concept of high speed drivers made out of delicate plastic. It smacks of wastefulness. On the grand spectrum of disc-life, R-pro drivers reside closest to the "one-time use only" side.
                          The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
                            Why all the haters against R-Pro plastic. I throw 160 weight, and R-pro plastic being lighter allows me to throw a Boss & Katana.
                            I throw low/mid-160s too, but I don't want disposable discs. If you like those warp-speed molds, check out an Opto Line Halo; they go as low as 163g and are very durable.
                            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I think I agree with absolutely everyone on R-Pro. I tag the bottom of the flight plate and it rubs off, I'm going to see if a little solvent applied first doesn't help adherence

Hate the durability but they're the longest discs in my bag by 20 or more feet, I can throw them wet with very little towel time compared to anything else, and they totally break your heart every time...

So I won't buy the drivers, I will, however trade for them.

Now my R-Wood Rancho and R-Pro Ontario Rocs on the other hand, are blessed gifts from somewhere sublime...
                              Last edited by erp; January 30th, 2010, 12:14 PM. Reason: fighting topic drift...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X