• Show
Clear All

do they take dye at all?

if they do you could dye your info on them
    www.soulpancake.com
    www.bahai.org
    http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

Technically using sandpaper on the rim is altering the flight characteristics of the disc. Ever so slightly, and I'm saying it's a big deal personally, but it means you can get in trouble using them a a PDGA event if someone in your group notices and feels like being a prick about it. I was about to suggest what the last person did, maybe see if you can dye your name on. On all the discs I dye these days I dye my name and number on. Not that seems to matter at our courses though, as the rec players never call us when they find them. Out of all the plastic I've lost with my info on it I've gotten one back. The other 5-6 are being thrown by rec players with no intention of them calling us. It's pretty frustrating.
      My favourite putter is my driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_from_BC View Post
        Technically using sandpaper on the rim is altering the flight characteristics of the disc. Ever so slightly, and I'm saying it's a big deal personally, but it means you can get in trouble using them a a PDGA event if someone in your group notices and feels like being a prick about it.
        Not to be a rule monger but
        Originally posted by http://www.pdga.com/rules/80201-discs-used-in-play
        C. Players may not make post-production modification of discs which alter their original flight characteristics. This rule does not forbid inevitable wear and tear from usage during play or the moderate sanding of discs to smooth molding imperfections or scrape marks. Discs excessively sanded or painted with a material of detectable thickness are illegal. See sections 802.01 D, E and F.
        D. Discs must be specifically approved by the director if questioned by another player or an official, but in no case shall the disc be approved if it violates any of the above specifications. Any specifically non-approved disc (per the director) shall be considered illegal, and the player shall be penalized in accordance with 802.01 E.
        Sanding it with a fine grain sandpaper would alter its flight characteristics less then say hitting a tree with full force right out of the box. If you are in doubt ask the TD before you play with it.
        Throw What You Know.
        "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
        PDGA# 45989

Comment

oops, i meant to say 'and I'm NOT saying it's a big deal personally'

Comment

I use the big metal container sharpie with the fat tip and put my name on the wing and it stays on just fine. I would like to know what kind of pen the factory uses to put the weight and mold type on the bottom that does not rub off.

Comment

Lol good point. The weight seems to stay on there forever !

Comment

I'm starting to think that R-Pro sloughs off some kind of oil and that's what allows the markings to rub off. That oily surface changed when I scuffed it with the fine sandpaper. Maybe the factory weight and type mark goes on before the oily slime appears.
                The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I'm starting to think R-Pro is cheese.

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                  I'm starting to think that R-Pro sloughs off some kind of oil and that's what allows the markings to rub off. That oily surface changed when I scuffed it with the fine sandpaper. Maybe the factory weight and type mark goes on before the oily slime appears.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_from_BC View Post
                    oops, i meant to say 'and I'm NOT saying it's a big deal personally'
                    It doesn't matter how you personally interpret the rules. It's still legal to lightly sand your discs.
                    The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by erp View Post
                      I'm starting to think R-Pro is cheese.
                      I do believe you might be onto something there. I am dairy intolerant, so I'm not going to taste it to find out.
                      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X