X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Echo Boss?

Has anyone thrown an echo boss and if so what are your likes or dis-likes... And how they compare to other bosses.
    PDGA#42080

Originally posted by HoopSauce View Post
    Has anyone thrown an echo boss and if so what are your likes or dis-likes... And how they compare to other bosses.
    I'm about to buy an echo boss and echo teebird online. I have thrown the teebird before in this plastic but not the boss. I guess I'll just have to see. I'm assuming the boss is domey and overstable just like every other echo disc seems to be.

Comment

I got mine in the mail last week and threw it for the first time at the festivus. I have to say awesome disc super fast and straight. Mine is flat not "domey" at all. I would say I do love this disc and now is in my arsenal of boss's
      PDGA#42080

Comment

Originally posted by HoopSauce View Post
        I got mine in the mail last week and threw it for the first time at the festivus. I have to say awesome disc super fast and straight. Mine is flat not "domey" at all. I would say I do love this disc and now is in my arsenal of boss's
        Shit. Now you have me worried. If your echo boss was flat, then it's likely mine will be too. I like them domey. I'm surprised. If what you say is true, then that's the first echo plastic disc that has been made without increasing the amount of dome to the original mold (that I've seen). Perhaps I'll trade it online if I don't like it. I'm sure you can unload one SUPER quick Discaroo.

Comment

I'm not sure but I think they only made one run so far for the big D in the desert and I had my hands on 5 of the green ones and they were all flat. I know they have green and black. I haven't seen the black ones but the green ones are not "domey"
          PDGA#42080

Comment

Definitly nothing like the xcals or destroyers... I did just look at them again and there is a slight dome but not too much
            PDGA#42080

Comment

How about the Eco Teebird that someone mentioned previously? I'd like to get my hands on some of those. Do they seem to be any different? Are those in regular production run yet?

Comment

I have a question about Echo plastic. What the hell is it and what is different from other Innova plastics? I don't throw Innova regularly and have never seen an 'echo' disc.
                "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                Cleveland Brown

Comment

I will have a cpl echo star bosses down at highbridge during the chili bowl with me, my order should be here then. So if anyone want's to throw them and check out how they fly just hit me up on the course. I should get them tomorrow but I will be slaving away down at HB.
                  I said whippet, whippet good.

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                    I have a question about Echo plastic. What the hell is it and what is different from other Innova plastics? I don't throw Innova regularly and have never seen an 'echo' disc.
                    From what I understand the echo plastic is a blend of recycled plastics. It has a nice feel a tad bit grippier than star to me but pretty darn similar
                    Read this ^

Comment

Echo plastic is a blend of champion and star plastic that has been chipped and remelted from previous star and champion discs.

Comment

i really dont like this gummy flat echo plastic that is being run now. as soon as i heard that the echo bosses were soft and flat i knew i wouldnt like them just like the echo destroyers that rae similar. the mint echo is my favorite plastic because its stiff, generally domey and hold up much better than normal star while maintaining the star grippyness.

Comment

I bought a couple 2009 USDGC echo star wraiths (maceman's stamp) and they aren't domey either. However the tee bird that I bought from discgolfvalues is domey.

Has anyone thrown one of the echo star presidents cup Katana's?

Comment

Originally posted by DanZ View Post
                            I bought a couple 2009 USDGC echo star wraiths (maceman's stamp) and they aren't domey either. However the tee bird that I bought from discgolfvalues is domey.

Has anyone thrown one of the echo star presidents cup Katana's?
                            I concur on both the teebird and boss. The teebird is the most domey and overstable I've thrown -- definitely what I was hoping for. The Boss has a little bit of dome, but still just essentially the same shape as the star bosses, with somewhat gummy plastic. I haven't thrown it, I think I'll just trade/sell to someone in Portland.

Comment

My Echo Bosses will be here tomorrow, I'm pretty stoked.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X