X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Parks View Post
    Speaking of Goldline, what are your thoughts on it (after removing the flashing, of course)?

I only got to throw a Proto Goldline Core once.
    I didnt throw the Halo.

It belonged to the guy I was playing with last week. He just got it from Keith, so I didnt feel right grinding the flashing off so I could throw it, I know he paid top dollar for it. He just kind of lofts his forehand, so the flashing doesnt bother him.

If it was my disc the flashing would be gone in 30 seconds.

As far as looks and feel, in my hand it felt like a Destroyer.
    The plastic is a cloudy Champion kind of formula, it doesnt feel like Star plastic, its stiffer.
    Looks good for tree bashing.

Comment

I'm going to try them today provided I can find someone that wants to go slop through Pier AND actually has one in the bag I can throw.

Otherwise I may just go buy one a bit heavier and see how that goes - 164 is pretty light for me, but I have an impressionable friend that, if he sees me throwing this thing and it makes up the gap between my roc and T-Bird/Orc range, will be buying one and likes the light stuff.

I'm looking for a combination of straight to slightly flippy and wind-tolerant...

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
      I have a barely-thrown 164g Z Stalker that I'll sell if you want it.

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
        the stalker is the greatest controlled fairwy driver ever. i do agree that the heavy weights do need more power. had a 174 and traded it for a 171. the 171 was perfect. best thing bout this disc is you can apply some major torque to them and they still do what they are told. would love an esp one...
        My man got ESP Stalker for being new member of PDGA.
        PDGA 38506
        ODDGA 27
        DDGA 176
        2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Comment

Originally posted by LadyBuzzz View Post
          My man got ESP Stalker for being new member of PDGA.
          Yep - Matthew just got his stalker in the mail yesterday.

Comment

Of the discs I tossed on the list, 100% mako.
            Last edited by Chad_from_BC; February 2nd, 2010, 05:41 PM.
            My favourite putter is my driver.

Comment

Discrafts Ringer has definately found its way into my bag. I always play with Crystal Z Challenger for approach shots and have a soft challenger(soft grip) for the putt and never truly liked the feel of release I felt with it. The Ringer is definately a nicer feel for me personally. It is low profile and reminds me of an XD but the way they balance this disc it feels very solid and fly's dead nuts straight for a spin putt and I can imagine it would be nice beat up a little for longer approaches. I only wish they would make them in that lovely soft elite x plastic, just hoping a little here.
              The Frisbee is the mirror to the soul.

-M. Burns

Comment

I only wish they would make them in that lovely soft elite x plastic, just hoping a little here. [/QUOTE]

That was what I voted for as well. I too have also had a deep desire for a soft x one. I can only hope that its feasible without it changing stability or losing its beautiful flat top.
                "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                Cleveland Brown

Comment

I only wish they would make them in that lovely soft elite x plastic, just hoping a little here.
                  That was what I voted for as well. I too have also had a deep desire for a soft x one. I can only hope that its feasible without it changing stability or losing its beautiful flat top.[/QUOTE]

Man I am with you man, if they put of them out I will be stocking up on the suckers. Cryztal Z in red would also be tasty too.
                  The Frisbee is the mirror to the soul.

-M. Burns

Comment

I'm totally lost on the discraft stuff lol. The only discraft disc I ever had was a 150 elite z flick for overhand shots. Then I got a cfr glow champ whippet x and the flick came out of my bag and went in to a friends. This stalker has me intrigued though. There's the odd time the teebird just doesn't quite feel like the right choice and from the sounds of it the stalker might fill that gap. I could probably go down to 5 destroyers to make room for it heh. Does it come in various plastic? If so what's the best choice?

Comment

The Stalker comes in Elite Z, Elite Z glow and harder to find ESP. I haven't tried ESP but the Elite Z ones are awesome. The Stalker won't have as much as fade as your Teebirds and is very resistant to flipping. I would say you almost have to try and not throw it straight for it to not work for you. If you buy one and don't like it, I'll send you paypal and take it off your hands, seriously.
                      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Maybe I'll order one in. I think we're doing an order soon. If I'm not super happy with discs I buy they either get traded to friends, given away to the odd cool rec player or more often than not get added to the wall. I'll keep your offer in mind though if I get one.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_from_BC View Post
                          Maybe I'll order one in. I think we're doing an order soon. If I'm not super happy with discs I buy they either get traded to friends, given away to the odd cool rec player or more often than not get added to the wall. I'll keep your offer in mind though if I get one.
                          You will not be let down. I haven't seen one person that I've put the Stalker into their hands that has said "Stu, why'd you recommend this piece of sh!t?"

Most have thanked me for it. Now if I can only get my hands on the ESP version...never seen one except for a proto...
                          "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                          Cleveland Brown

Comment

There's a 174 proto ESP on eBay right now for 25$.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Discraft-Rare-ES...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

You will not be let down. I haven't seen one person that I've put the Stalker into their hands that has said "Stu, why'd you recommend this piece of sh!t?"

Most have thanked me for it. Now if I can only get my hands on the ESP version...never seen one except for a proto...
                              I have a 171z that I won and put in my bag for three practice sessions. I took it out of my bag bc I felt the Teebird was more consistent which I was also just beginning to throw. 171 is lighter than what I normally throw so that may have been a big part of my preference.
                              Read this ^

Comment

The Boss is boss, uno mas.

Yo Dan, want to trade the stalker for a blue 174 champ t-bird?
                                I have some TL's and SE's, but the SE's are crispy & worth a bit more.
                                Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X