Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are discs not being made in Elite X plastic anymore?

Discraft has discontinued a bunch of discs lately in Elite X, is this because of ESP or are they getting ready to scrap this plastic for something better? Your thoughts?
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

It seems to me that they are discontinuing any driver/midrange disc in Elite X. Probably due to three things. Durability, lack of demand and economic considerations. The only thing I've ever used X plastic in was putters and the one Slipstream GT I happen to own. Although the Slipstream feels more like a cross of Z and X then just X.
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

Comment

Thread jacking my own thread...

Slipstreams are so awesome, I have 4 or 5 and I carry two in my bag, best anhyzer disc ever made with awesome grip! If you want to sell yours, let me know!

Back to the original thread...
      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

With the release of Z plastic the X plastic was still popular due to the feel difference. Once the ESP and FLX plastic was introduced the demand for the X versions dropped quickly. Rather than have so many different versions of discs the thought was to pare down to that which was really in demand.

Doesn't mean that there woin't be small runs made in the future do to requests, but that is what is happening now.

Later,
        Scott Papa
        Team Discraft
        Instructional Editor DiscGolfer Magazine

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X