X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discraft Torque...

Has anybody out there thrown one of these discs? I know that Discraft halted the run due to inconsistencies in the mold or something along those lines.

I have an opportunity to buy ten at the same weight (173) but don't want to spend the money to just have a collectors disc.

I heard they are much like a Star Cro (smaller and faster version of the Roc). Can anybody lend credibility to this statement? It'd be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Stu.
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

I think they're similar to either the DGA Shockwave or Aftershock.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
      I think they're similar to either the DGA Shockwave or Aftershock.
      which is a sub company of discraft...I think
      PDGA # 31451
      2 Mini Aces
      75 Aces
      PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
      DISC GOLF OR DIE
      BOB CABAL
      DISCVANGO
      JEFF ELLIOT
      G-MAN
      JORDAN LEWIS
      JEFF HAGERTY
      JAMES GARCELON
      SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

I liked the disc but stopped throwing it because there were other discs in production about the same as the torque. Its a great overstable mid if thats what you want. I can't compare it to the cro because I've never thrown one. Discraft called it a 2 on their rating scale but it was really more around a ~1.7

It is the DGA shockwave and DGA is a sub company of Discraft. So if you are gonna pay more than $15 per disc, you could get the aftershock for the same price. If your getting them for a good price though, I'd say go for it.
        Last edited by Nathan; January 24th, 2010, 07:12 AM.
        A par is not a bogey.

Comment

Torque? I need one called, "Revs."
          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
            Torque? I need one called, "Revs."
            I haven't thrown one, but I gather it would FEEL like the Cro since that's a smaller diameter midrange, but it's got to be more overstable than that by a bit. I know Discraft scrapped it because they couldn't get it to be consistently as overstable as advertised, but my zone (putter) and force (driver) are both rated a 2 and they are way more overstable than a cro. I was intrigued by the concept of this disc, but at the very least, I'm glad that Discraft has enough pride to bail on a mold they can't get totally right.

Speaking of overstable Discraft midranges, I just picked up 2008 ace race Nebula which I'm pretty excited about. I threw Dion Arlyn's orange nebula, which apparently was the more overstable one and it was pretty sweet. I made sure to get the same kind.

Comment

I have one too, but i stopped throwing it because it flew too much like other discs that i have. I would say that the stability is somewhere close to a wasp.

Comment

i loved my first Torque its like a faster more overstable wasp but being a firm believer in backups i got a duplicate. more like the stability of a heavy buzz but if you plan on throwing all of those your bound to get a couple that are the same it was a fun slot in the bag for a bit

Comment

I have a first run on my wall but it will stay there, I don't throw Discraft anyway. Throw a Gator instead.

Comment

Threw a good buddies of mine. He has two of them in the same weight I was looking at buying and in my opinion, it's not worth it. It's a faster Wasp for sure but with way less glide. And since I can throw my Wasp 300 feet with the way it flies now, I don't see a need to throw a disc less inclined to glide to it's target. The Wasp is overstable enough to handle most extreme winds. And if it's not? FLX Drone will take care of it.

I am buying one with the AMNats stamp on it. Apparently its the rare version of an already rare disc. Torque is actually spelled TORQ on it. for some reason.
                    Cleveland Brown

Comment

I threw the torque for a bit and realized it was pretty close to my ce spider. My most overstable midrange is the z drone. I have a flat top z wasp that is pretty good but 7 years old. I thought the torque would be a bit more overstable than my wasp, but after a while it was almost the same. It is a great disc if you are looking for something more overstable than the buzzz and less stable than the drone. It is in esp plastic that is grippy and feels good in the hand. Thought about putting one back in the bag since i have quite a few of them anyway.
                      WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Actually, the Torque is the Shockwave. However, when Discraft started producing the Shockwave for DGA they got the run down pat and it was truly an overstable (2 in Discraft terms) disc. Until the Aftershock was produced the Torque was basically as close as you were going to get to an MRV for a midrange that could take a good snap, not be flippy yet not go too far so that it was a great reliable mid. Also, remember this is a smaller diameter for those that like a smaller felling mid. As the Shockwave it is more like the MRX.

If this sounds like a disc for you, then the price is great! Of course the easy thing to know is that any Discraft disc will ALWAYS have a place in anyone's bag!!!! And I am not prejudiced when I say that whatsoever......heeheehee

Later!
                        Scott Papa
                        Team Discraft
                        Instructional Editor DiscGolfer Magazine

Comment

Lol..........no... Of course not!
                          WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Only 200 made with the "Torq" lettering according to Discraft. Nice collectable!
                            What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

Comment

"If this sounds like a disc for you, then the price is great! Of course the easy thing to know is that any Discraft disc will ALWAYS have a place in anyone's bag!!!! And I am not prejudiced when I say that whatsoever......heeheehee"

We would never expect you to be biased lol . Did get my 'Torq'. Gonna put it in glass and place it on the wall.

As for the MRV why oh why won't they reprint that disc. Every single one I've thrown is like a Buzzz but better.
                              Cleveland Brown

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X