X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burn baby, burn.

Just knowing the tank is empty of pressurized gas isn't enough to insure to me that it's not going to be flammable.

Filling it with water back through the valve might not be easy (unless it is one of the old vented tanks), but it would insure that any flammable gases were displaced. If anyone has any other ideas to make drilling or cutting a propane tank safe, do tell.
    Last edited by Ol' Bob; December 23rd, 2009, 09:27 AM.
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Argon will work in place of water as well. Though seeing as how I work in a welding shop...argon is easier for me to come by.

Comment

Couldn't you just unscrew the whole valve assembly? No pressure= No gas.
        A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

I suppose I could do the same thing with carbon dioxide, but I'd rather use that to push beer.

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
            Couldn't you just unscrew the whole valve assembly? No pressure= No gas.
            No pressure = gas at one atmosphere.

Ever tried to unscrew a valve from a propane tank. Let me know how that goes. I have a friend who is a scrapper and he can't seem to get them out.

I asked him about it because I have a crap-load of the old style tanks that they won't refill anymore. I thought I'd just change over the valves. They must glue them in when they make the tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
              Ever tried to unscrew a valve from a propane tank. Let me know how that goes. I have a friend who is a scrapper and he can't seem to get them out.
              i tried really hard to unscrew the valve on mine. it was pretty much impossible!
              that's why we just cut it off flush at the valve.
              it still left the inside of the valve to rest my tapered bolt on- a good solution all around!

Comment

Just curious how the neighbors like having a tone pole nearby? What is their reaction?
                "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet View Post
                  Just curious how the neighbors like having a tone pole nearby? What is their reaction?
                  they are really friendly, understanding neighbors.
                  i only toss at it during the day, and not everyday at that.

we also have three little boys that are constantly tearing around our backyard running a muck too.

they're good people.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X