X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• star katana

Went to my local pro shop hoping to get an eco teebird but had to settle for a star katana instead. After spending the weekend playing in the cold I couldn't bring myself to go out andthrow it, maybe tomorrow. Hope it is a bit more stable than the champs. Plastic is pretty firm and domey which is a good sign. Anybody else pick one up? What do you think?
    Click here

Challenge disc golf

I have one and it is great. I got a Pro, Champ and star. I love my Katanas.

Comment

and how does each one fly? compared to other innova discs?

Comment

I have all the versions of this disc and it really is like a sidewinder only much faster and farther.

Comment

Anyone know if Next Adventure has these in stock?

Comment

I threw the star a few times today and compared to the champ I tried it is crazy stable. The champs were under stable to say the least, extreme hyzer to flip. The star started crazy hyzer to flat but didn't want to get much further over than that. It was cold and I wasn't fully warmed up but they can definately handle more than the champ. I look forward to being able to throw it when I can get something behind it.
            Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by maynard View Post
              I have all the versions of this disc and it really is like a sidewinder only much faster and farther.
              This is a good description. I would say distance similar to the R-Pro Boss and flight similar to sidewinder. Certainly the Pro and champ are less stable than the star. I will probably be keeping 2 in my bag from now on. I haven't gotten the chance to play much lately with my work and all, so i am not sure which 2 I like best yet.

Comment

Does it have a wide rim like the Boss? I don't like those super wide rim discs.

Comment

Yes, the Katana has the same rim thickness as the Boss.
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I got to thinking about those wide rims. I think they translate into faster spin rates. I think they work like a pitcher's grip on the splitter. The closer you grip the disc to the axis, the faster you will spin it. If you turn your bike upside down and want to spin the front wheel, you can get it going a lot faster if you push it along by the spokes than by the tire.
                    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I thought a wider rim just meant that a greater percentage of the disc's mass was in the rim, which I suppose gives it more angular momentum -- and makes it more like a gyroscope, for whatever that's worth.
                      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I think both statements are correct
                        www.soulpancake.com
                        www.bahai.org
                        http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

where is that professional physicist when you need him
                          Read this ^

Comment

Both statements are correct - you can impart more spin on a disc with the same energy if you can grip closer to the center, which the wide rim achieves, and the added mass at the rim will tend to maintain more of the spin due to inertia (an object in motion stays in motion, yadda yadda yadda)

I don't think we need to go past thermodynamics to explain this, but I bet string theory would be pretty amusing to apply to this.

I'm gonna stick with Newton and thermodynamics and call it good.

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
                              Anyone know if Next Adventure has these in stock?
                              Bump

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X