X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon State Parks pass vs NW Forest pass

These are two separate passes by separate agencies are they not? I asked for a parks pass for my birthday and got a forest pass. I'm guessing they are not interchangeable...

No, they have nothing to do with each other. The Northwest Forest Pass is for trailheads under the auspices of the National Forest Service. It's useful for hiking in the Gorge or on Mt. Hood, but isn't much good for disc golf.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

If you have a 12-month or 24-month pass, you can drive right in. You can purchase a 12-month pass for *$25, or a 24-month pass for $40 from most major state park offices, over the phone by calling (800) 551-6949 (credit card orders only), or from vendors all over the state. The pass attaches to your windshield.If you have more than one vehicle, additional passes are just $5 per year for 12 months, and $10 for 24 months. You must purchase extra vehicle passes at the same time you purchase your original pass.

*On Jan. 1, 2010, a 12-month pass will cost $30 and a 24-month pass will cost $50.

Comment

Along with the price increase, the new parking passes will be able to be moved from vehicle to vehicle, it will no longer be a decal to attach to your windshield. Or so I was told a couple weeks ago by the rangers at McIver.

Comment

I heard that too. Assumably that means they'll no longer have the "extra car for just $10 more" deal.
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
            No, they have nothing to do with each other. The Northwest Forest Pass is for trailheads under the auspices of the National Forest Service. It's useful for hiking in the Gorge or on Mt. Hood, but isn't much good for disc golf.
            Thanks. That's what I thought. Hopefully REI will allow me to exchange it.

Comment

I buy my Oregon State Park pass in December and the main yearly pass is $20. Then I find 2 other golfers and we add 2 more passes for $10 each. The 2 additional don't have to be the same address or family. We bought last years passes at Joe's. Not sure where to buy one now.
              "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/PARKS/day..._vendors.shtml
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Adam, Thanks for the link.
                  "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

REI went ahead and let me exchange the forest pass for the parks pass. It is only $5 for an added vehicle but the guy was adamant that both vehicles must be registered at the same address. They were having a hard time with it, I guess selling the parks pass is new to them, so I passed on the extra pass. Now I just need to find the static sticker stuff.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X