X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gorilla Boy Bags?

Who has a Gorilla Boy? What do you think? I have a 60% off coupon and don't REALLY need a new bag. But a new bag for 60%? Maybe can't resist! I've never seen anyone with one of these bags but somebody must use them. Let me know what you think if you have one. I've looked at their web site and they seem like an ok bag. I'd rather make a decision based on somebodies experience.

Thanks,
    Bob

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
    Who has a Gorilla Boy? What do you think? I have a 60% off coupon and don't REALLY need a new bag. But a new bag for 60%? Maybe can't resist! I've never seen anyone with one of these bags but somebody must use them. Let me know what you think if you have one. I've looked at their web site and they seem like an ok bag. I'd rather make a decision based on somebodies experience.

Thanks,
    Bob
    My friend Nichola & her boyfriend have Gorilla Boy bags, and love them. Snape where are you I know you have one too.

Cindy
    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
    Stumptown #176
    PDGA #37716

Comment

http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums...it=gorilla+boy

Pretty much everyone in that thread seems to love them. You can also pop questions in there to the guy that makes them (Chris).
      We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Gorilla Boy sponsors DDGA, so we are always getting a few of their bags every year. I have the Kong and my fiance has the silverback, both are just awesome bags, they are way lighter than the innova bags, I used to have 2 different innova bags but they were just so heavy when loaded, the gorilla boy bags are at least 2x lighter when loaded and have held up quite well. I have about 16-24 discs depending on the course plus all the extra stuff and drinks etc, no problem at all. The new backpack is supposed to be extra sickkk cuz of the chair and storage space etc...

Comment

Hey Now Bob ~
          Where did you get the coupon?

Comment

Originally posted by drkstr View Post
            Hey Now Bob ~
            Where did you get the coupon?
            It was donated to the Hope Open and I won it in the raffle.

Bob

Comment

I first bought Blue Chimpanzee, and I used it for almost one year. When I got more discs to use so I decided to buy bigger one, Wine/Gray Sliverback last Jan or Feb,and I love my new bag better because it has two pockets so I can put my girly items in. I gave the old bag to my boyfriend, he used the bag everytime we played, and it is still in good shape. It does feel lighter to me. Also, like Snap mentioned, Gorilla Boy sponsor the tournaments for DDGA and Gorilla Boy rocks!
              PDGA 38506
              ODDGA 27
              DDGA 176
              2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                they are way lighter than the innova bags, I used to have 2 different innova bags but they were just so heavy when loaded, the gorilla boy bags are at least 2x lighter when loaded
                Snap, the statements you're making are ridiculous. I know where you are going with it, though. The GB bags seem lighter when fully loaded due to their superior design, craftsmanship, etc.

They don't magically defy laws of physics, though. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Bob, are you going for a bigger or smaller bag than the one you have now?
                The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
                  Snap, the statements you're making are ridiculous. I know where you are going with it, though. The GB bags seem lighter when fully loaded due to their superior design, craftsmanship, etc.

They don't magically defy laws of physics, though. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

I've got a large Innova and a medium Innova. Both have their purpose and I really don't NEED a new bag but with a %60 discount I figured why not. It would be a shame to waste the coupon. I'm leaning towards maybe a medium sized bag or go really big and get the backpack.

Bob

Comment

The backpack is really nice, and I would have loved to have a 60% off coupon for it--that's a screamin' deal.
                    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I've got a squirrel monkey that's held up really well over the last two years. Nothing but good things to say about it. They're already half the price of Revo... 60% off of that... no-brainer.

Comment

Well, there's been some mention of anti-gravity in the controversial topics section, maybe Gorilla Boy just figured out a way to implement it in his bags?
                        We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Ok ok, fine, pickkkyyy, when both bags are loaded with the exact same number and type of discs plus 2-32 oz water bottles, the gorilla boy bag will feel much lighter and through at least 30 rounds of comparison, I felt much more able to keep a high energy level with the gorilla boy as opposed to the innova bag. The newer innova bags are lighter than the ones that are like really heavy denim weaved whatever those are, got rid of that one fasttt, so heavy.
                          My fiance agrees that the FEEL of the weight picking up and on the back using quadshocks, Gorilla Boy is obviously lighter FEELING... okay
                          Bob, if you want to sellll that coupon to me, I'll pay you cash or even in Disc Golf Merch if you interested... whatever works... If you decide on a bag for Gorilla Boy, you will probably end up putting your innova's in the closet to collect dust... there is like a 100 page forum thread on Gorilla Boy with pictures on another website, i forgot which forum website that is...

Comment

If you decide to go with the mid-sized bag then I think you would like the Chimp. I got one for my birthday last March. I've used it for about 150 games since then and it has shown very little wear. This bag will probably last me 10 years. I was using an Innova Deluxe bag prior to this and it's a comparable size. I don't think the Innova is a bad bag but the GB is built to a higher level of quality and the design has had more thought put into it. The features (besides the build quality) that I've noticed the most (compared to Innova) is that the GB frame makes the bag sit more stable on a hillside, the GB strap is more padded/adjustable/comfortable, and there's lots more storage available with the GB. Since I carry a Condor (BIG diameter) I also like that the Condor will fit in the putter pocket - or - two putters will easily fit. I'm carrying two putters, three midrange, and 12 drivers right now and that's about the limit.
                            To me it all comes down to your plans. If you're thinking that you're only going to play disc golf for a few more months then you should sell your coupon to snap7times. If you figure you're gonna play the game for many more years then why not pay $34 for a GB Chimp delivered to your door by a nice person in a snappy brown uniform!

Comment

Originally posted by barbikes View Post
                              To me it all comes down to your plans. If you're thinking that you're only going to play disc golf for a few more months then you should sell your coupon to snap7times. If you figure you're gonna play the game for many more years then why not pay $34 for a GB Chimp delivered to your door by a nice person in a snappy brown uniform!
                              At my age, there in lies the issue! I'm kind of leaning towards the backpack. As I said earlier, there is nothing wrong with either of my Innova bags and I don't REALLY need a new one but don't want to waste the discount. If I get the backpack, I should be covered for whatever my needs are in the future. I suppose if I don't like the backpack after I get it I can always sell it.

Bob

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X