X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Katana?

Anyone buy one? I did, but that is to fill my own selfish need of a flippy high speed roller out of the box. Stoked to see it next week when it arrives (hopefully)!

I don't know about this one. I heard about it a while ago and didn't get very excited. A high speed roller? I wasn't a fan of the monarch and don't know what will happen to a high speed disc while rolling, seems like it might be very hard to control. I will be interested to hear about it though.
    Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

katana will be a good disc for peeps that wanna throw far without throwing hard. I'm a wimp, so the katana sounds like it would be nice. Throw it firm and watch it soar 400+.

Probably wouldn't want it as a roller. I'll stick to my valk and eagle for rolling

Comment

I have 6 of them on order. I am getting the following:

apan Open R-Pro Skeeter
        Color
        Red
        JO-SK-Red 1 $12.95

Samurai Pop-Top Pro Boss
        Color
        Smoke
        JO-SMRI-PBO-Smoke 1 $12.95

Samurai Pop-Top Pro Boss
        Color
        Black
        JO-SMRI-PBO-Black 1 $12.95

Japan Open 08 Star Rancho Roc Blems JO-ST-RCROC-X 1 $12.00

First Run Japan Open Champion Katana
        Disc Weight
        170-172 grams
        Color
        Red
        JO-CH-KA-Red-170-172 1 $25.00

First Run Japan Open Champion Katana
        Disc Weight
        173-175 grams
        Color
        Transitional
        JO-CH-KA-Transitional-173-175 1 $25.00

First Run Japan Open Champion Katana Blems
        Disc Weight
        170-172 grams
        JO-CH-KA-XX-170-172 1 $18.00

First Run Japan Open Pro Katana
        Color
        Red
        Disc Weight
        170-172 grams
        JO-PR-KA-Red-170-172 1 $15.99

First Run Japan Open R-Pro Katana
        Color
        White
        Disc Weight
        160-165 grams
        JO-RPR-KA-White-160-164 1 $15.99

First Run Japan Open R-Pro Katana
        Color
        Orange
        Disc Weight
        160-165 grams
        JO-RPR-KA-Orange-160-164 1 $15.99

Subtotal $166.82
        Shipping & Handling $10.80
        Grand Total $177.62

This should be a fun group of discs to try out. I should get them in about 1.5-2 weeks.

Comment

Got my pro katana yesterday. This thing has a very sleek profile and being a old school disc golfer who learned how to throw with hyzer this disc rocks! Very fast and very far... I have two more champion proto's on the way.

Comment

Got my champ katana in the mail today, I need more reviews so I know what to expect tomorrow!

Comment

I'm so sick and tired of "speed 13" discs, what a joke.
              Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                I'm so sick and tired of "speed 13" discs, what a joke.
                Why?
                Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
                  Why?
                  I'm guessing 'cause 99% of disc golfers shouldn't be throwing them, but they get all this hype, so people end up throwing discs that aren't really right for them.
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
                    Why?
                    Most likely because I can't throw them, hehe, maybe one day I'll learn how to throw one of these pieces of plastic.

To me it just seems like anything past the Destroyer/Force or even Wraith/Surge for that matter just isn't worth the thirty feet of extra distance for the added chance of throwing it off online. For me a Leopard/Valkyrie/Avenger SS is only a small lost in distance but I can keep it in the fairway and not lose strokes, then again I don't have the arm or accuracy that you do buddy. IF I could throw a Boss fifty to a hundred feet past my fairway drivers I might use one but usually they are shorter and offline most of the time.

The other thing I dislike about the "speed 13" craze is newbies get involved and start throwing Bosses and Grooves when they haven't learned just to throw a normal disc, and they are trying to bomb a Boss out there and it's going 200 feet when the only people that should be throwing these discs are people than can huck it five hundred feet or so, I would 90-95% of all disc golfers have no business throwing a Boss.
                    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I really agree with that post SillyBizz, most people throwing bosses shouldn't be. And generally speaking if I am going for accuracy, I throw a Destroyer, but at places like McIver, I can let a Boss get me that extra 50 feet over the Destroyer, where distance is an advantage at the risk of some accuracy. Though I did get the Katana to be more of a roller than an air shot disc. I'll get to test it out tomorrow!

Comment

I did receive several pro katanas and i could not wait til i got out on the course to throw it so i went to the field across the street from my house and let it go.

So far i have to say that it is pretty awesome. I throw 320-350 and i think i easily got that on the first throw. Just think of the katana as a lightly used, nicely broken in boss........very sweet. I can not for the life of me turn over a boss, but this disc felt like a pro wraith in the hand with a rim like a boss. I threw it level and it flipped up for about 2-3 seconds and slightly turned back left.......very nice 's' turn right out of the box. Oh.........it was very, very fast...........i will be stocking up myself. If you like the sidewinder, monarch, and even the valkyrie........you may want to give this a try.

By the way, i threw a white pro katana 168g (168.8 to be exact).
                        WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Originally posted by spider-dan View Post
                          i did receive several pro katanas and i could not wait til i got out on the course to throw it so i went to the field across the street from my house and let it go.

So far i have to say that it is pretty awesome. I throw 320-350 and i think i easily got that on the first throw. Just think of the katana as a lightly used, nicely broken in boss........very sweet. I can not for the life of me turn over a boss, but this disc felt like a pro wraith in the hand with a rim like a boss. I threw it level and it flipped up for about 2-3 seconds and slightly turned back left.......very nice 's' turn right out of the box. Oh.........it was very, very fast...........i will be stocking up myself. If you like the sidewinder, monarch, and even the valkyrie........you may want to give this a try.

By the way, i threw a white pro katana 168g (168.8 to be exact).
                          spider-dan, you feeling alright? Whats with the all no caps?

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
                            spider-dan, you feeling alright? Whats with the all no caps?
                            Oh, never mind. I see the mods won't let you post all caps. That is cr*p.

Comment

Stop the tyranny, let the all caps roam free!!!
                              PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
                              dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X