Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the only way i can get any kinda of a good shot. is to pansy ass it. and with my arm there no putting hyzer on it.. i have to throw it alomst 6 o'clock. i have come to understand that the champion line is the most stable out of them all. then again i was also told the they fly like a beat boss. on noe ever said they fly like a whoop'd boss. i mean shit i think my 8 yr old can throw it better then i can and i try'd standing still with little body movement... and it still try'd to back hand roll for me. but i may need to trade my pro for a star or something

Comment

• Originally posted by mazza View Post
      the only way i can get any kinda of a good shot. is to pansy ass it. and with my arm there no putting hyzer on it.. i have to throw it alomst 6 o'clock. i have come to understand that the champion line is the most stable out of them all. then again i was also told the they fly like a beat boss. on noe ever said they fly like a whoop'd boss. i mean shit i think my 8 yr old can throw it better then i can and i try'd standing still with little body movement... and it still try'd to back hand roll for me. but i may need to trade my pro for a star or something
      Definite need for a Star one. They are by far and away the most overstable of the runs. They will still flip if you have a good amount of snap but it's a flat flip. Good long gentle right to slight left at the end.
      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
      Cleveland Brown

Comment

• This disc is going to be a role player in most bags... a disc you can flip easy to run crazy tunnels and hit crazy sky roller lines with... I'll still throw my boss on a max distance shot, even on most long distance gap shots, but if it needs to fly a low s curve, this disc is the best in my bag.

Comment

• I've thrown my friend chris's star katana about a half dozen times. My throw isn't super predictable these days because I've been working on not 'rounding' so much and getting my elbow more into play. Regardless, on the few times I snapped it out straight I was in love. Managed to hit about 475 and keep it straight and 8-10 feet off the ground almost the whole way. We play at a pretty high elevation and stuff just simply isn't as flippy up here. It'll be interesting to see how much you need to hyzer it to keep it from folding closer to sea level. I havnt decided if I want a star or champ though. I can't see the pro being any good once it's beat up real good.
          My favourite putter is my driver.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMajor View Post
            How about trying some Hyzer
            Yeah, I've had some pretty decent hyzer-flips with both Pro Katanas and R-pro bosses, but that's part of my game that needs some work. My results vary. Right now, it's not a shot I can throw with a lot of confidence.

Comment

• Big diff between Pro and Star Katana's. My Pro Katana is my flippiest disc, right out the bag. Think I'll check out the Star version.

Comment

• I've been working on throwing everything straight and flat to slightly hyzered and it's bringing up my control and distance with the two discs you mention below - I love the flippy stuff...

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                Yeah, I've had some pretty decent hyzer-flips with both Pro Katanas and R-pro bosses, but that's part of my game that needs some work. My results vary. Right now, it's not a shot I can throw with a lot of confidence.

Comment

• i picked up a pro one last week. i think they fly great. not a power disc for sure, but a nice 50% throw with a touch of hyzer and maybe 20 feet of air and it flies far. right now its filling the slot of my beat to crap destroyer that i lost at yauger and i think its gonna stay in the bag. great tunnel shot disc and a nice reliable turnover as well.

Comment

• I havnt tried throwing it lightly yet. Only full rip drives with some hyzer or flat for big fades. I was actually kind of wondering what it would be like at 50%. It'll be the next disc I buy.

Comment

• Ok so I finally have thrown each run(except the echostar). The 1rst run Pro is the least stable flipping at moderate arm speeds, the champ 1rst and 2nd run fly very similar flattening out with a some what nice fade at the end(Money!!!) and last the 1rst run star model has a flat top(slightly larger dia)and is the most stable. The runs seem consistent(I have thrown 2 of each)and all were the same weight 175g. I have not thrown any of the larger production run models yet or the R-Pro. But after seeing the d some people with less arm speed then me get Im sure the R-Pro(good thing they are inexpensive) will be a staple in some bags.
                      Last edited by maynard; February 10th, 2010, 09:15 PM.

Comment

• Hey Erp, didn't see your request there.

So having thrown the first run champ, the new champ, first run pro, and the new production run, non star stamped pro. Each is more stable than it's first run counterpart. But I think the added stability is going to be a bit more friendly in most cases. It will let people beat the plastic in a bit more before it becomes that super flippy disc.

I am already excited to con someone out of a super beat pro katana. I am stoked to have on in my bag in that condition for those get out of trouble super quick touch down roller situations.

I see -nothing- but great things from this disc, it is the disc that most people who throw under 400 should be throwing, when they think they should pull out a Boss.

But we also need to keep in mind, as with we've already seen from the Boss. The way these discs cool, and how the plastic shrinks when it does cool, can drastically change the stability, or lack of in these discs.

Comment

• So I got an Echo Katana today. They made 250 of them as a one off run for the 2010 Presidents Cup. There were also 27 xouts from the batch and I nabbed one of those thanks to a friend.

Comment

• compared the echo katana to a star worlds fundraiser today and the echo has a way bigger dome, almost destroyer ish compared to the near flat star worlds.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X