Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to drag things kicking and screaming back on topic, but I picked up a 172 champion with the Selinske stamp this weekend.

It's more overstable than even my star stamp pro!

Looks like I need to get back to Hero and buy up more of the first run pros...Innova apparently is intent on turning this thing into a boss...

Comment

Originally posted by erp View Post
      172 champion with the Selinske stamp this weekend... It's more overstable than even my star stamp pro!
      Wasn't that expected?
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Entirely, however I was hoping that the famous innova inconsistency factor would pop in at some point and the stability would go back to what those first champions apparently were.

The releases on this mold are marching steadily to the realms of the waaaay overstable.

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
        Wasn't that expected?

Comment

It's very weird the stability issues they are having with all the different runs. My buddies Pro is so much more overstable then his Champion yet a hell of a lot less high speed stable then my 1st run star stamp star one.

So this begs the question, which of the runs in which plastic is the most and least overstable.
          "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
          Cleveland Brown

Comment

my pro katana is nasty overstable(turns to the right) it just might be my new roller

Comment

Originally posted by mazza View Post
              my pro katana is nasty overstable(turns to the right) it just might be my new roller
              Do you mean understable (flippy). Are you throwing RHBP?

Comment

I threw such a sweet shot on hole 10 at adair with this disc @ Festivus...

Man it's weird but it has a spot in my bag...

My drive went left of the vertical tree under the downed tree and then flew 20 ft PAST the basket all about 10 ft off of the ground and thrown at about 75% power.... COOL

Comment

Originally posted by DexterHawk View Post
                  I threw such a sweet shot on hole 10 at adair with this disc @ Festivus...

Man it's weird but it has a spot in my bag...

My drive went left of the vertical tree under the downed tree and then flew 20 ft PAST the basket all about 10 ft off of the ground and thrown at about 75% power.... COOL
                  I am really liking this dics as well. 175 Star
                  The toughest of the extra holes (F) at the Scramble yesterday was about 375 or so maybe 400. The basket was not visible from the tee and at the end of a tight tunnel tucked behind TONS of blackberry bushes. My Katana flipped right about where the other 10 drives I saw flexed out and cruised straight down the tunnel nestling directly beneath the basket. I had to throw 90%
                  This disc flies like a faster beat Destroyer right out of the box
                  Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                  Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                    Do you mean understable (flippy). Are you throwing RHBP?
                    yeah thats it

Comment

• Originally posted by mazza View Post
                      yeah thats it
                      That's what I've found, too. I was about to take them out of my bag because they only get me into trouble, but maybe I'll try some rollers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                        That's what I've found, too. I was about to take them out of my bag because they only get me into trouble, but maybe I'll try some rollers.
                        How about trying some Hyzer
                        Read this ^

Comment

• Originally posted by DMajor View Post
                          How about trying some Hyzer
                          I've found that it flies great in a gentle arcing hyzer. My buddy can actually get it stay on that line (Star Pro Worlds 168). I however can't. Even if I 60 percent in a hyzer line, it still flips to flat. It'll come down with a nice left turn but nothing like he can get it to do. He of course has a lot less snap and arm speed so my 60 percent is probably more like his 90 percent.

This disc will be a hyzer flip monster when they are beat just right. Threw one at 85 percent in a hyzer flip and it never wanted to stop. Was amazing but I wish I would've marked the distance. I'm guessing 430-450 which is by far and away my furthest controlled drive to date. Sad how much distance this disc has added to my game. Well, sad for my friends at least
                          "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                          Cleveland Brown

Comment

• After throwing my first run champion and the new release of champion Katana's, I've found them very similar, and NO where near the stability of the Boss. I enjoy them for rollers and long turnover shots. Have to keep in mind with these new speed 13 discs, disc speed makes these touchy. Though, that is my .02

Comment

• Originally posted by SPIDER-DAN View Post
                              I finally got my hands on a first run star katana with the 2010 worlds stamp and it is so far much more overstable than my champion katana.

I have first run pro katana that will flip over slightly if thrown with enough snap and wont come back for a long time if any.

I have a first run champion blem katana that will flip up and fly super straight for 90% of its flight and then fade a little at the end.

I have a first run star katana that will not flip over at all for me, but will hyzer for a long, long way and not too extreme. Of course i only have thrown it for one round and im sure it will start to get worked in. Just got at the wa team disc golf at lake Isabella (thanks eric from team white river).
                              I love the star ones! Beat that thing in and it'll go like crazy. No problem man, glad I could be of service!
                              www.soulpancake.com
                              www.bahai.org
                              http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

• How would you compare the champions to other plastics and weights?

You've got a bit of a reputation for throwing a long way, so it would be interesting to hear if the plastic changes I'm noticing are a result of not having 500' snap.

Any bit of wisdom helps...

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                                After throwing my first run champion and the new release of champion Katana's, I've found them very similar, and NO where near the stability of the Boss. I enjoy them for rollers and long turnover shots. Have to keep in mind with these new speed 13 discs, disc speed makes these touchy. Though, that is my .02

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X