Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i finally got to throw one this weekend....the very first throw i really tryed to not put any kind of power or hella snap. it turned over to the right and almost dead center of the fairway(on hole 16 at white river and i teed off from 18 blue) so for now its a disc i will only throw in a wide open field till i can learn to control it. i can say that imo it has the potential to beat my personal distance best by a LONG shot. but here is my question.

what plastic would be best to get it in?

pro?
    star?
    champion?

Comment

If you want to unload any of these I'd be happy to trade or buy them from you - I got the star stamp pro in red at 170 and Have started to use it instead of my pro boss for forehands because it is so much more overstable.

Send a PM if you're interested...

I really would like to get a pro katana that's in the 167-170 range that's as flippy as my first run pro at max weight.

I just know I'm going to lose the first run because the color is 'copper' (should be called 'Pier Earth' and the stamps are yellow and green. Overall effect is camouflage.

I'll probably go grab one from D& B's this afternoon anyways...

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      Next Adventure has non star stamped Pro Katanas as well, for $12.99.
      I bought a few. Too flippy for me to throw forehand, so I won't be using them a ton right now. Yeah, I'm starting to throw backhand more, but still sticking with Lepoards and TLs.

Matthew, on the other hand, loved it. He threw it forehand about 270'. About what he was getting with a beat in r-pro boss. Seemed to be very predictable. Like the r-pro Boss, he didn't have to throw very hard to get that distance.

Comment

Originally posted by erp View Post
        If you want to unload any of these I'd be happy to trade or buy them from you - I got the star stamp pro in red at 170 and Have started to use it instead of my pro boss for forehands because it is so much more overstable.

Send a PM if you're interested...
        I'm going to hang onto these for a while. They are perfect for my son right now, and I hope to be able to throw them backhand by this summer.

Comment

So I think everyone that has seen my posts has noted I am totally a Discraft guy. Well, the Katana is the first Innova disc I have bought in a very long time and it was worth it. First run star stamped orange one at 171 grams (my magic weight)

First instincts on this disc is wow . It screams out of the hand. It's still too flippy for me to really crank one out but thats not the point of this disc anyways. It hyzer flips to straight at about 60 percent power and stays that way for 350 plus. I threw it @ Faragut this weekend as a roller and thats what I think I'll keep it for. That and a tailwind driver since it just wants to glide and glide. Threw my first roller over 350 this weekend with it! The only other disc I can get even remotely close to that distance was my Z S.S. Avenger (the ESP S.S. Avengers are too soft and flex hardcore for serious rolling). I think my furthest with my S.S. was 300 maybe. So, kudos Innova for finally making a disc that peaked my interest.

Now if I can only somehow dye it to look like a Discraft disc, that way my hypocrisy is kept in check somewhat....
          "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
          Cleveland Brown

Comment

There were a few left at Rainy Day Games as of Saturday.
            Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
            PDGA #37890
            Stumptown #157
            ODW TDG 10-11
            3C&D TDG 09-10

Comment

I finally got my hands on a first run star katana with the 2010 worlds stamp and it is so far much more overstable than my champion katana.

I have first run pro katana that will flip over slightly if thrown with enough snap and wont come back for a long time if any.

I have a first run champion blem katana that will flip up and fly super straight for 90% of its flight and then fade a little at the end.

I have a first run star katana that will not flip over at all for me, but will hyzer for a long, long way and not too extreme. Of course i only have thrown it for one round and im sure it will start to get worked in. Just got at the wa team disc golf at lake Isabella (thanks eric from team white river).
              WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

So the champ is more flippy than the star? Weird that's a little backwards.
                My favourite putter is my driver.

Comment

My first first run in pro at max weight is way less stable than my star stamp pro at 170. I want to get another that flies like that first disc.

Anyone know if any of the new production stamp run in pro are more or less flippy than any other by weight or color?

The last thing I need is to buy another only to find out it flies like my worn boss...

Originally posted by Chad_from_BC View Post
                  So the champ is more flippy than the star? Weird that's a little backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by erp View Post
                    Deek and Bryan's got a shipment of first run, star stamp, pro Katanas the other day... I think they're $20 I'm going to go get mine now...
                    Disc golf depot has the regular pro line katana for 10.
                    Valerie Miller #6521

Comment

Having thrown the star katana a few times and seeing how understable it can be I'm not sure I'd want a broken in pro.
                      My favourite putter is my driver.

Comment

I've thrown all the different runs of Katana's now and I can say that it's weird but true. The Star is more overstable then the Champion for once. I don't know how it happened but I'm glad I got the Star instead of the Champion. Although I am being a traitor to my Discraft roots by doing so.

Still, disc rules. Nothing like effortless 400 footers.
                        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                        Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                          Although I am being a traitor to my Discraft roots by doing so.
                          Throwing brands instead of great discs is silly anyway.

It only makes sense for a few cases: You're sponsored, you personally know people that work for the manufacturer or they're local, if you agree/disagree with the business practices, and maybe some other special cases.
                          We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

If Budweiser made discs, I wouldn't throw them.
                            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

If Budweiser made a disc that was better than similar offerings from other manufacturers then I would throw it.

If Budweiser made discs like they make beer, then I wouldn't throw it unless I really wanted to get drunk and all I had was four bucks and the store had a sixer of Natty Ice tall boys. Whoops, lost my train of thought there.
                              We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
                                If Budweiser made a disc that was better than similar offerings from other manufacturers then I would throw it.

If Budweiser made discs like they make beer, then I wouldn't throw it unless I really wanted to get drunk and all I had was four bucks and the store had a sixer of Natty Ice tall boys. Whoops, lost my train of thought there.
                                nice.
                                The Frisbee is the mirror to the soul.

-M. Burns

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X