Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This disc screams... But like Innova states~finesse.

Comment

Originally posted by erp View Post
      Have you thrown a similarly weighted R-Pro Boss? what's the difference if so?

I really want to throw an r-pro katana...once...but after buying R-Pro bosses, I'd prefer not having to pay for it...
      Yes I have an R-Pro Boss too, and the boss is much more stable than the Katana. I find I can really control the Kantana more than the boss.

Cindy
      Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
      Stumptown #176
      PDGA #37716

Comment

Katana vs. Boss

My example/test disc: Red 175 Star w/ fundraiser stamp (the denser red color beads making this example barely more stable and predictable than any lighter colored plastics)

My two cents (IMPO ) . . . The Katana is super fast just as "her" older brother the Boss . . . the inside lip of the Katana is much shallower than the Boss giving the disc an overall slimmer wing, allowing the disc to fly slightly faster, carrying that "beat-in" Boss turn-over line much longer and distinct . . . the Katana definitely requires finesse, this being my only difficulty with the disc; snap the hell out of it hyzered 45 degrees and watch 'er soar . . . FAR

I'm curious to see how my personal example flies after a good beating. I am very interested in picking up a Champion Katana or two, maybe a couple more Stars while I'm at it . . . I am very impressed with this disc, being that I normally lean towards stabler plastic; I'm learning . . . slowly

I just may need a bigger bag . . . workin on it . . .

-Derek
        www.discgolforegon.com

P.S. next disc distance record: Katana

Comment

I throw hard and I like this disc... Flippy out of the box... really fast... should be the first speed thirteen disc that anyone tries (for backhand)... great for uphill shots!

Comment

Originally posted by DexterHawk View Post
            I throw hard and I like this disc... Flippy out of the box... really fast... should be the first speed thirteen disc that anyone tries (for backhand)... great for uphill shots!
            i understand it a 14 speed disc... and i'm droolin to get a hold of one

Comment

I think this disc is going to be super popular with newer players and smaller folks with less snap... as they will be able to access the speed 13 / 14 speed that we power players have been able to throw for the last few years... Can you pull into one of these discs with reckless abandon the same way you can a Boss? No Way... Can you throw one as far as a Boss? Yes!

Comment

Originally posted by DexterHawk View Post
                I think this disc is going to be super popular with newer players and smaller folks with less snap... as they will be able to access the speed 13 / 14 speed that we power players have been able to throw for the last few years... Can you pull into one of these discs with reckless abandon the same way you can a Boss? No Way... Can you throw one as far as a Boss? Yes!
                I would have to concur with this for sure. I have an R-Boss, and most defiantly I can throw my new R-Pro Katana much further than my Boss. It probably won't be the perfect disc for everyone, but for me it is. I LOVE my new Katana, so much so I have ordered several back-ups.

Cindy
                Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                Stumptown #176
                PDGA #37716

Comment

I bought several first run champion katanas, 2nd run champion katanas, first run pro katanas and a champion blem katana. So far i started out with the pro katana 168 and i flew really well and far. I do love to throw sidewinders and they are usually my farthest throwing disc, but now they have definitely taken a back seat to the katana. I also throw the champion blem katana 172 and it is becoming my favorite in my bag. If i snap the pro katana too much it will flip and take a long time to come back. The champion katana mainly flips up straight with a little 's' curve and goes 50-75 feet further than my other drivers.

The pro katana is great, but breaks in really fast (couple months easy). I think the champion is the best and less technique sensitive. I would like feedback on the stability between champion first run and second run and also how the star katana flies. I do want several of those.
                  WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Deek and Bryan's got a shipment of first run, star stamp, pro Katanas the other day... I think they're $20 I'm going to go get mine now...

Comment

If anyone has a champ katana they want to trade for a new Nuke let me know. I would also consider perhaps purchasing it for a reasonable price, just PM me. I would like it new if at all possible.
                      "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                      -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

The star stamp pro katana is not the first run......it just has the proto star stamp on them. The first runs have the japan open stamp on them with the words "first run katana" stamp on the blade of the sword........pretty cool.

Hey jr, i do have some champion katanas. The first runs are quite a bit right now but, i do have some seconds runs that are a little bit lower in price. Let me know what you are asking. I did purchase a blem just for throwing purposes cause i knew the others would be high in price.

Comment

Sorry - you are correct.

I picked up a red 170 today and it is far more stable than my copper first run 175...

Originally posted by SPIDER-DAN View Post
                          The star stamp pro katana is not the first run......it just has the proto star stamp on them. The first runs have the japan open stamp on them with the words "first run katana" stamp on the blade of the sword........pretty cool.

Hey jr, i do have some champion katanas. The first runs are quite a bit right now but, i do have some seconds runs that are a little bit lower in price. Let me know what you are asking. I did purchase a blem just for throwing purposes cause i knew the others would be high in price.

Comment

I seem to notice that with innova discs.......most first runs are not as overstable as the next and so on. The stock champion katana line will more than likely be a bit more overstable that the first runs im sure........would be shocked if not.

Still.........the katana is my favorite for sure.

Comment

I have bought every run of the katana except the new eco presidents cup model. All my champs(1rst&2nd)runs i have left boxed up for now. The pro worlds star runs have a much more flat top and are more stable than the pro line. The other interesting thing is the star is slightly larger in diameter then my pro lines. Type of plastic or cooling process what im not sure. But iam a fan of this disc and it has when thrown correctly and quite a bit of distance to my drives. Fun disc and i will let you know my review of the champ runs after im done learning the pro line and star runs. Oh by the way the eco runs just came up on ebay and the are a limited # run as well.

Comment

Next Adventure has non star stamped Pro Katanas as well, for $12.99.
                                I bought a few. Too flippy for me to throw forehand, so I won't be using them a ton right now. Yeah, I'm starting to throw backhand more, but still sticking with Lepoards and TLs.

Matthew, on the other hand, loved it. He threw it forehand about 270'. About what he was getting with a beat in r-pro boss. Seemed to be very predictable. Like the r-pro Boss, he didn't have to throw very hard to get that distance.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X