X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian View Post
    I got all my Katanas in and I haven't had a chance to get out before it is dark yet. I am dying to give them a try.
    that's what lunch breaks are for.
    Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

I treat my breaks at work like recess. 15min in the morning half hour for lunch and 15 at night. On days I bring my lunch with me I go out and throw the whole time. I have acouple of short object courses worked out and there is a nice straight walking path that's about 10 feet wide with blackberry bushes and trees on the sides and about 400 feet long slightly uphill. Perfect for forcing yourself to throw very straight putter and roc shots. My coworkers laugh at me when I come back from the woods on my break with leaves, trees, and spider webs adorning my business casual attire. But I laugh at them as they sit on their breaks at the same desk they work at all day long staring at the same computer. Hahahahahahaha
      Read this ^

Comment

I used to work 5 minutes from lake fenwick. Not the best course but there are 6 baskets right out front and with an hour lunch it was perfect time for daily practice.
        Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

katana (aka the skitz)

I threw one of these today and they are weird. If you throw 450+ they are very uncontrolable. I would release with massive hyzer and it was anybodys guess if it would come back or just flip over into the ground. I don't throw understable discs so I could just not be used to throwing this style of shot. They fly a long way but if thrown fast enough they are very understable. The speed makes it odd because when it is thrown high enough it flips over and appears as if it will continue straight but it comes crashing back like a boss. It rolled pretty good which would be what I would buy it for.

People that throw sidewinders or valks will love this disc. I threw it with extreme hyzer and it picked up turned over and sometimes came back. This will add some distance for people that throw in the 300-350 range, I would expect.
          Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
            This will add some distance for people that throw in the 300-350 range, I would expect.
            I dunno. I think people in the 300'-350' range shouldn't even be going near a disc advertised as "speed 13."
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
              I dunno. I think people in the 300'-350' range shouldn't even be going near a disc advertised as "speed 13."
              I would usually agree but this disc doesn't need 13 speed to get a good helix.
              Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

if anyone bought any extra katanas i would love to buy one if anyone would be willing to part with one

Comment

Champ Katanas.. more finesse please

I picked up a handful of champ blems, sold all but one, and have been throwing it. I happen to like it. I think the champ versions are much more stable than the pro and r pro.

I think these discs are getting alot of flack from pros. I think for the most part, pros are throwing too stable of discs most of the time. so, naturally people are calling these garbage. because they flip over, when you yank on them too hard. I feel opposite. If thrown correctly with some finesse and late stroke applied power their really isn't many discs that will fly like the katana. they can start flipping over at 300+ if thrown slight hyzer.. if thrown full hyzer, they will pop up to straight and fly forever! I think I have thrown the farthest hyzers of my life with this disc. 465+ on a full on tall hyzer? Isn't that an advantage? With so many high speed discs on the market now, people are learning that discs can be forced into the flight path they want. Not good habits.

I think even for pros, if thrown correctly with hyzerflip, it could be a serious distance machine. Think about sandstrom, the record still sits with a valk.

I think this disc has an excelent place in my bag, albeit only the champion version thus far. haven't tried it as a roller.. maybe in the summer time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
                    Anybody know if Next Adventure has these in stock?
                    Rainy Day Games has star Katanas in stock. They still had 3-4 after I bought a couple for my "stocking".
                    Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                    Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darr View Post
                      Rainy Day Games has star Katanas in stock. They still had 3-4 after I bought a couple for my "stocking".
                      Thanks for the "heads-up"!

Comment

Jerry Miller has them in stock for $20 - you should check them out!

Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
                        Thanks for the "heads-up"!

Comment

Originally posted by erp View Post
                          Jerry Miller has them in stock for $20 - you should check them out!
                          Save a penny and a LONG drive. They're 19.99 at Rainy Day...
                          Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                          Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

I have 3 brand new star ones (white 175, bright yellow 168, yellow 175) if any body needs one.
                            www.soulpancake.com
                            www.bahai.org
                            http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

There were about 4 or 5 Star Katanas left at Next Adventure as of Yesterday around 4pm (12-21-09)

Comment

Where's Rainy Day?

I'm in Portland and hadn't been out to Disc Golf Depot in a while so today was about time.

Bought the last 2 169 katanas and there are 5 or 6 others left from 168 to 166 I believe.

Slightly more flip new than the 175 pro katanas that I'm throwing, but straight, consistent distance shots.

Originally posted by Darr View Post
                                Save a penny and a LONG drive. They're 19.99 at Rainy Day...
                                Last edited by erp; December 22nd, 2009, 06:01 PM. Reason: Details...details.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X