X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Innova Pro Boss

I just went to pick up a brand new Innova Pro Boss at Next Adventure today. Epic distance! The disc feels great in my hand with the added grip of Pro plastic, and it is noticeably more domey than even the Feldberg edition Boss. Two things helped contribute to greater distance: Added glide, and a good high speed turn (right off the shelf). All of that, combined with a strong fade at the end of its flight, was enough to make me quite the happy discer. For all you big arms out there, go get one. It's fun!

Yeah, I've been throwing one for a couple months. They are fun as long as you aren't throwing into a head wind, they get a bitch...touchy. They do crush however.

Comment

Oh Bruce, yeah I remember you were throwing yours during the Hab/Rec and you were just launching. It was quite a sight behold. I'm sure they are going to beat in pretty quick and eventually get more touchy. There should be a caution sticker on them, "Warning: only throw when stupid distance is needed!"

Comment

For clarification this is not an r pro boss but a regular pro... Got mine at the USDGC and yeah, it's rad

Comment

Yeah DexterHawk, I know what you are talking about. I got this one from Hagerty, it is one of the Vibram open fundraiser disc, when they did a run of 100. I had bought one then as well, but lost it on the 3rd throw, in the river at McIver, whoops?

Comment

i was hoping these would be a little more stable than they are. definitely isnt going to become my big d driver, but i will keep one in the bag for shots that need a lot of left to right and really long.

Comment

I'm guessing more stable than the R-Pro, but less stable than the Champion. Does that sound about right?

Comment

Ohh Ode, stop complaining. Do you have a Champ Boss? I dont remember seeing one last Saturday.
                www.soulpancake.com
                www.bahai.org
                http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

i do have champ bosses, but in not a huge fan of champ plastic, too slick especially now that its the rainy season.

ive put a eco destroyer and eco xcal back in the bag and the pro boss is sitting on the sidelines.

i havent thrown an r-pro more than a couple times but i would say that the pro is most likely between the star and the r-pro, with the lighter weight pro closest to the r-pro. but what do i know, right?

Comment

I've got about 12 drives on my new Pro Boss yellow 167. I've been comparing it to a new R-pro blue 164. My findings after only those few throws are that the Pro plastic is just a bit more overstable than an equivalent weight R-pro would be. Stability is WAY closer to R-pro than Champ or Star. That extra bit of stability over R-pro does help into the wind! Distance is the same as R-pro. So far I'm liking it!

Comment

Anyone know how low the Pro weights go?
                      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I haven't seen them below 167 - the one I have is pretty overstable compared to the R-Pros even of lower weights that have seen a tree.

I'm looking forward to getting a pro or champion katana and hope the flight and durability beyond R-Gel...

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                        Anyone know how low the Pro weights go?

Comment

I want 150 DX Bosses. Gimme gimme gimme!
                          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                            I want 150 DX Bosses. Gimme gimme gimme!
                            Innova is not planning any DX boss runs at this time. Sorry bob.
                            Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
                              Innova is not planning any DX boss runs at this time. Sorry bob.
                              But, Innova still makes stock 150 Class Dx Destroyers, which I'm sure you already have, and Hero Disc still has some 150 Class Dx Xcalibers
                              http://www.herodiscusa.com/japan-open-dx-xcaliber.html, so , do you really need 150 Dx Boss's ?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X