Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Discraft's equivalent of the Innova Wraith?

Help,

I have been throwing my DX Wraith and I like the disc for its speed and distance. It has now broken in and it is not as stable as I like anymore. With my less then stellar throwing prowess, I wouldn't say that this disc is a roller, as it does hold a nice easy anhyzer curve.

Anyway, I digress. I would go and get a Star or Champion Wraith but for one weird hangup on the Wraith. Sometimes my fingers get hung up on the lip when I throw (LHBH) and the disc goes way way way way way left. I don't know if it is a result of the wide brim or something else. I have not had any other disc cause this same problem. I thought that I might try a Discraft similar disc.

Thanks,

Mark

The Surge is the Discraft equivalent of the Wraith.

I don't think it'll cure your griplock though.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Or will it?
      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Try getting another DX and doing that 10,000 hours of practice thingy that Loocid mentioned. That should fix the grip-lock problem.

I love DX.

Think of DX plastic as a consumable. Pass the flippy ones on to the new addicts you infect. These will be perfect for them. Then you will be a recycler too, and that's really cool.
        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Grip lock is often caused by starting your pull too early, not getting the disc in close to your chest, or not getting your weight forward enough.

Fix your form before switching discs, IMO.

And the Surge is pretty close to a Wraith.
          Last edited by Parks; October 21st, 2009, 10:53 AM.
          We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
            I don't think it'll cure your griplock though.
            Griplock? Didn't I see Billy Mays pitching that a few Sunday's ago on channel five.

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
            Think of DX plastic as a consumable. Pass the flippy ones on to the new addicts you infect. These will be perfect for them. Then you will be a recycler too, and that's really cool.
            3 is the magic number. Reduce, reuse, recycle. Reduce, reuse, recycle. Yes it is... Oh wait...

4 is the magic number. Infect, reduce, reuse, recycle. Infect, reduce, reuse, recycle. Yes it is, four the magic number.

---

I agree practice with snap and release will definitely help. It is weird though, I have a champ Orc that is the same weight and I do not seem to have the problem. The lip is similar but I think the Wraith is just that fraction bit wider.

Thanks again all,

Mark

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X