X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mako

I think people that enjoy xd's and less stable mid range discs will really enjoy this piece of plastic. I got to tinker with one yesterday and it is really straight. It has no bead and closely reminded me of an XD when tossing it around in the field. It does have a larger diameter is goes up to 180 grams, enjoy!

It is supposed to be a longer dart.
    Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

I thought the Mako was going to be like a Shark? Just because of similar name or whatever.
      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I've never played around with a dart, so I couldn't compare it to something I've never used. Well, I guess two days until the hit the main stream so people can judge for themselves!

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
          It is supposed to be a longer dart.
          Got this off a darts website... looks like this wont be legal...
          "shall not exceed an overall length of 30.5 cm, nor weigh more than 50 grams"

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
            Got this off a darts website... looks like this wont be legal...
            "shall not exceed an overall length of 30.5 cm, nor weigh more than 50 grams"
            well played
            Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

All of Innova's attempts at super straight mids (as in 0 HSS and 0/1 LSS on their chart) have been poopy, so I'm not holding my breath on this one.
              We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

I don't think the Coyote and the Dart are poopy. I don't personally use them, but a lot of people find 'em useful, especially beginners.

I love midranges, so it's possible I might try a Mako. But I'm guessing it'll be awfully similar in flight to my Lightning U-2.
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I have one... it is a shark top on a coyote bottom... I holds a very straight line out of the box... We'll see what it does when it gets beat in.

Comment

Next Adventure received a ton of first run Makos yesterday. I didn't get one (and therefor haven't thrown one) but I had a very difficult time telling it apart from a Coyote.

Comment

WOW! I like the mako. I have a white 180 star mako and it is money. I didn't have huge expectations and I got it just to try it and I was impressed. It is going right into the bag where my straight roc used to be. Very very forgiving piece of plastic. I compared it to my rocs and it has so much more glide but still has a very similar first turn resistance. The only problem I can find is that it goes a bit too far sometimes. I recoment this disc.

I haven't thrown a dart because R-pro is worthless but I might get one in star if it flies close to the mako's flight path just not as far. Any info if this is the case?
                      Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Was your Mako really flexible? All the ones my buddy looked at the other day felt like a FLX version of Star plastic. Was really really weird.

He did pick up a Star Dart though and same thing. Top half feels like R-Pro. Really grippy and flexible. The bottom rim, however, was really stiff like Star tends to be. He got it at 168. He loves the thing. He hated the R-Pro version since he left one in a hot car and it warped like no other.

Overall, even I like the Star Dart and I don't even throw Innova. I picked one up just for a catch disc since they are quite nice.
                        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                        Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
                          WOW! I like the mako. I have a white 180 star mako and it is money. I didn't have huge expectations and I got it just to try it and I was impressed. It is going right into the bag where my straight roc used to be. Very very forgiving piece of plastic. I compared it to my rocs and it has so much more glide but still has a very similar first turn resistance. The only problem I can find is that it goes a bit too far sometimes. I recoment this disc.

I haven't thrown a dart because R-pro is worthless but I might get one in star if it flies close to the mako's flight path just not as far. Any info if this is the case?
                          Trying some new stuff now?
                          www.soulpancake.com
                          www.bahai.org
                          http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

The soft star is innova's attempt at a grippier star blend. Since darts are supposed to be putters they didn't want the star to be slick. They must have run the makos in the same blend. I don't like soft plastic but the stiff rim seems alright.

I try new things now and again.
                            Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X