X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't help it- I like the XD.

I fought the temptation for a long time, but I was always intrigued by the rim shape/feel of the XD. I have been throwing a Zone for overstable mid/putter duties, and it finally occurred to me that the Zone is shaped a lot like the XD, but the XD is on the other side of the stability spectrum. Incorporating the XD into my bag was super easy, as they feel very similar in my grip.

XD putting is taking some adjustment, but I'm banging more away than I was with my JK Aviars.

Off the tee is where the XD really shines. It is the perfect understable compliment to the Zone and I feel like I can reach any hole 225' or less with either putter, depending of righty vs. lefty fairway.

Sam, thanks again for the loaner XD, I might not ever give it back. One question for the other XD throwers out there, should I stick with the dx or give a star XD a try? Any subtle/major differences between molds?
    The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Before I stopped throwing Innova, I threw an XD and I loved it. Still have two for loaner putters when I take a bunch of newbs out to a course. Never liked the star, just the dx.

As for the Zone, try a Ringer. It's a little less overstable then a Zone. Feels magical in the hand though. It's become my goto putter for short drives and approaches and any windy day putting situation. Makes a hell of a grenade style putter as well.
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

Comment

just about every deaf "pro" from washington throws an xd, they all don't like the star xd... and they all would be much better if they putt with something else... heh

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
        Sam, thanks again for the loaner XD, I might not ever give it back.
        Your enjoyment of the disc is the only thing I need by way of thanks, Chuck. Glad you're digging it.
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I'm a long time XD lover. I was stoked to see that Innova was coming out with a Star XD. I dislike the cheap soft DX plastic that Innova uses. But, when the Star XD arrived, it didn't take long before figuring out that it isn't even a full XD, just half. The Star XD's are classic roc tops with XD bottoms. Very overstable compared to a normal XD.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Phillips View Post
            I'm a long time XD lover. I was stoked to see that Innova was coming out with a Star XD. I dislike the cheap soft DX plastic that Innova uses. But, when the Star XD arrived, it didn't take long before figuring out that it isn't even a full XD, just half. The Star XD's are classic roc tops with XD bottoms. Very overstable compared to a normal XD.
            My biggest Innova pet peeve is that a disc in one type of plastic flies differently than the same model of disc in a different plastic. For example, Pro, DX, Star, and Champion Destroyers all have way different flight characteristics. At least in that case the mold is the same. If the star XD is truly a different mold than the DX, then why not just give it another name? Even the XDII would be less confusing.

Is this the case with other manufacturers?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
              My biggest Innova pet peeve...
              Just an "Innova" pet peeve? Check out the flight ratings of the Discraft XL (as just one example):

D: 0.0
              X: 1.0
              Z: 1.5
              ESP: 1.2
              ESP FLX: 1.5

So it's not Innova's fault that different plastics fly differently. It is their fault, however, that they don't adjust their ratings accordingly.
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

The xd was my favorite disc ever the first day I had it. The second day it turned over way too much. So i got a new one and again it was my favorite disc ever for the first day. The second day it turned over way too much. I used them as my primary putters for awhile but eventually switched them out for something less flippy. I have been throwing one of them on my breaks at work lately and may just have to rotate it back into my bag as my go to turnover putter. It holds that annyline better than any of my beat in other putters.
                Read this ^

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X