X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling with discs

So it looks like I am going to be making a couple trips down to Cali in November and December. I'm hoping to play somewhere in the Sacramento area, and am definitely going to drag my dad out for a round at Morley Field in San Diego.

What I need to find out is whether or not discs can be carried on to the plane, or if it's better to pack them instead. I would hate to show up and have them tell me I can't take my plastic on the plane. I'd probably just cancel my trip instead of giving up my plastic.

Amyways, please let me know your advice on this and if anyone knows of a course in the Sacramento area that would be bonus info.

Dave
    Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
    PDGA #37890
    Stumptown #157
    ODW TDG 10-11
    3C&D TDG 09-10

Totally fine. I always carry mine on, and usually they want to open up my bag to find out wtf they're seeing on the x-ray, but then pass me on through. Just make sure you have your bag cleaned out of anything you might not want them to find....
    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Supposedly different blends of plastic can look like various weird things to their X-rayish machines, so yeah, don't be surprised if they want to root around in your bag or swab it for the Spectromatic-Explosive-o-Meter.

But in the end, they won't stop you from carrying the discs on the plane.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by D-Walk View Post
        and am definitely going to drag my dad out for a round at Morley Field in San Diego.

When you take your Dad out to Morley, do it VERY early in the day AND do it during the week NOT on a weekend. That way you will not have to battle the HUGE groups that take forever AND are do not have the best manners...

Amyways, please let me know your advice on this and if anyone knows of a course in the Sacramento area that would be bonus info.

In the Sac area you will want to play Orangevale(Shady Oaks Park) on Hazel.
        Call Final 9 Sports at 916-987-DISC - This is the "Pro Shop" at the course run by Jim Oates, Bruce & Jenny Knisley. They can give you directions AND info on other courses to play (Rocklin, Auburn, Del Campo, "Little Africa")

No issues with Discs on a plane...I ALWAYS carry mine.....Ive had luggage LOST but still had my Discs..
        Last edited by Magilla; September 15th, 2008, 08:16 AM.

Comment

just to be safe I always bring a disc golf magazine so that they don't have to take my word for it.

Andy

Comment

ring me up when you are in sacramento this nov/dec... I just might be down there too...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X