X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latitude 64

Anyone throw any of these? I am probably going to check out the striker for fun.
    Click here

Challenge disc golf

I have a 169g Striker... I'm still trying to decide if it gets a permanent spot in the bag. It's larger in diameter than most drivers, and when it turns, it's a very slow, flat turn. I've found it to work well on downhill drives.

The Opto plastic seems nearly indestructible.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

i picked up a striker at the ace race, and ever since then it is my #2 go to driver. it is everything a T-bird is and then MORE! i love it.
      Team HOSER:dancing:
      Team OLY:cheerleader:
      Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

I throw the Riot...and if you throw it just riot, it's money. Fast, yet predictable.
        Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Ive got a stryker, a riot, a vision and a core. I love em all. The opto line plastic is the shit and I love the way the rim is angled just a bit instead of straight up and down on the insides. I love the way these discs feel in my hand. They rule. The stryker is awesome. Stable and straight. I turn it over on occasion, but that might be me trying to rip it to hard. The riot is awesome as well. With a good snap, this disc flys super straight before tailing off at the end. I didnt like the vision as much until my friend showed me a different way to throw it and now its one of my farthest flying discs. I throw the vision at an exteme hyzer when I release, almost up and down and it levels itself out and just flys straight forever. The core is a great mid range disc too. I like it better than the roc, because I get a better grip on it. It has a shallower rim than the roc, so its easier for me to hold. I found I need to take a little off of my throws when I use the core as it tends to fly farther than I expect it to. Its slightly understable as opposed to the roc which is slightly over stable. All in all I recommend the opto line plastic to everyone I talk too. Check out there web site about getting on their team. The requirments are pretty unique. Also hear that Jesper just came out with his own name brand putter as well. Cant wait to see it.

Comment

Could you post a link? I couldn't find the info.
            Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

The discs.

The team link. Sounds like a bunch of sqvare heads, ya shoor, yu betcha!
              Last edited by Ol' Bob; October 15th, 2009, 04:56 PM.
              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

go to latitude64 web site and look at their discs, specifically the sinus ap there is info there.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBubbBelly View Post
                  Ive got a stryker, a riot, a vision and a core. I love em all. The opto line plastic is the shit and I love the way the rim is angled just a bit instead of straight up and down on the insides. I love the way these discs feel in my hand. They rule. The stryker is awesome. Stable and straight. I turn it over on occasion, but that might be me trying to rip it to hard. The riot is awesome as well. With a good snap, this disc flys super straight before tailing off at the end. I didnt like the vision as much until my friend showed me a different way to throw it and now its one of my farthest flying discs. I throw the vision at an exteme hyzer when I release, almost up and down and it levels itself out and just flys straight forever. The core is a great mid range disc too. I like it better than the roc, because I get a better grip on it. It has a shallower rim than the roc, so its easier for me to hold. I found I need to take a little off of my throws when I use the core as it tends to fly farther than I expect it to. Its slightly understable as opposed to the roc which is slightly over stable. All in all I recommend the opto line plastic to everyone I talk too. Check out there web site about getting on their team. The requirments are pretty unique. Also hear that Jesper just came out with his own name brand putter as well. Cant wait to see it.
                  Jess, somehow I knew you would be on this thread.

I haven't thrown them much, but I've felt them and they feel good, the plastic is very durable, they make quality discs for sure. Bigbubbabelly has beaten me plenty of casual rounds using their discs.
                  Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by all2common View Post
                    I throw the Riot...and if you throw it just riot, it's money. Fast, yet predictable.
                    Me too. I love the riot! It is very fast but not crazy stable and yes very predictable. I have tried just about every Lat. 64 model and this is the only one that found a permanent spot in my bag. I enjoyed the core a lot too...its a very stable midrage, and if your looking for some insane stability check out the XXX.....

Comment

Opto plastic is the best there is, IMO.

Grippy and as durable as CE. Plus, its pretty.
                      We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

The opto plastic is ok. Don't get it in the heat, it warps quicker than most plastic. It was in the car with my other discs and my Riot was the only one to warp.

Comment

Originally posted by ChainBanger View Post
                          The opto plastic is ok. Don't get it in the heat, it warps quicker than most plastic. It was in the car with my other discs and my Riot was the only one to warp.
                          Not tested below 64 north latitude?
                          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Its alpinplast.
                            Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

I keep a striker and a vision in my bag at all times, for my teebird and roller duties, respectively. That opto line plastic is the real deal. I've never tested mine at extreme temperatures, but avoiding those conditions is easy.

I've been rolling my vision all summer, and it has only a few nicks here and there, nothing like a champ or Z roller disc would look like. The Vision's stability has remained consistent, i.e. takes the same amount of angle, spin, and nut to get a tasty roll. They start out severely understable out of the box, though.

The striker has proven to be the most useful fairway driver I have had in my bag yet, so it has seen a lot more playing time than the Vision has. Still, it has no flight-altering wounds. For a while it was the fastest (main) driver I used, but since succumbing to the lure of the destroyer again the Striker fits back into my forehand/backhand go-to disc that gets thrown less, but constantly. The point is, it still flies like a dream, just like my backup Striker (brand new still) does, and I compare these occasionally in the field.

I hope they never change that opto plastic. Perhaps I'd better stock up on a few clear opto Strikers before they vanish from the production lines...
                              The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X