Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not so concerned about putts spinning out as not being in in the first place. That said, I may experiment again with pushes.
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob
      I'm not so concerned about putts spinning out as not being in in the first place. That said, I may experiment again with pushes.
      In the 1000rated interview with feldberg he says that both styles have their place. He started using the spin putt and changed when he noticed all of the best putters used the push style. He now uses the best putt for each situation. There is a thread to the interview on this forum, awesome interview.

http://www.1000rated.com/2008/08/spo...dave-feldberg/
      Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

I use the KC pro aviar exclusively. I started out trying all kinds of putters and when i tryed the KC pro the searching stopped. For me it is the best putter ever made and now putting is definently the strongest part of my game. It also does real well on short drives and midrange shots, once you learn how to throw it smoothly.

Comment

Did the Omega, then a dx avair, then the xd which felt good for a while but then became too understable and it just feels too flat, then did the jk avair, stuck with it since, did 168g, then 175g, then 172g which i use now. I do have a KC pro which i practice with once in a while just to compare. My son loves his new 129g #2 upshot, super nice disc for a kid to improve throwing with.

Comment

beat "two-chain" stamp DX Aviar is the main putter with the Omega AP as the backup.

Just love the feel of the disc I've been throwing for over a decade. I always putt best when I can 'turn off' my brain, and the familiar feel of ol faithful makes it easier. YAR!
            Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
            Remain ye men of faculty complete,
            Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
            Attending to our noble bond and contract?
            Or does here stand the last remaining man
            To give a fig for rules and order yet,
            No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
            Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
            Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

putters

I started out with a gummy blo fly----then went to a Rhyno----now I putt with 3 different jk aviars from 168-173. My putting has improved so much. I use one of them for a "not so far upshot"----one for a forehand putt around the trees----the last one for all other putts. The love the texture----not too gummy but grippable. Is that a word? It is now.

I love the jk putters.

Kevin swears by the JuJu putter. It's working for him---I've seen him can numerous 60+ shots. He's slowly taking putting out his game.
              Last edited by Rebecca; September 11th, 2008, 08:58 AM.
              PDGA President

Comment

I started with the Aviar. Then switched to Pro Ryno's which I have really liked and feel pretty good about. However, I just picked up a couple of super soft Wizards (with the Stumptown Stamps) that I think might be replacing the Ryno as the go-to-putter. I haven't had a chance to really practice with them yet. Should have a good feel for them in a week or so

I also will sometimes use a blowfly when I need my disc to stop on contact. However, I have used it more as an approach then a putt disc, I seem to have more control when I can put spin on it.
                Member of Stumptown DG #82
                Member of PDGA #34367

Comment

DX XD......because it is the best putter ever made. I heard Innova mixes Chuck Norris mustache hair in the plastic used to make DX XDs!

Comment

nearly every shot within 60-70 ft, I use my old school, beat to hell, warped DX XD. Many out there wouldnt throw a disc that looks like mine does, but to me, it feels good, I know what it does, and it works really well. I have no fear of ever losing this disc, since I only use it in close range.

All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Soft Magnets baby, my go-to disc from 200' in. The sooner I can get this disc in my hand the better. We all have that holy grail disc in our bags, the Soft Mag is mine.
                      educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post

Oh yeah, and I think there is such a thing as a putter being better than another. The Z Putt'r for instance, is worthless to me, except as an impromptu dog bowl or, uh, for rolling.
                        I putt with a Z Putt'R ... before that it was a 150g DX Aviar.
                        But I'm guessing our putting method is not the same... I've got a lofty putt style.
                        Breeze Huckin Master

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
                          DX XD......because it is the best putter ever made. I heard Innova mixes Chuck Norris mustache hair in the plastic used to make DX XDs!
                          Chuck Norris and Mr. T walk into a building, then the building blows up. Because no building can handle that much awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by larsonjeff View Post
                            I putt with a Z Putt'R ... before that it was a 150g DX Aviar.
                            But I'm guessing our putting method is not the same... I've got a lofty putt style.
                            Wow, more power to you! I tried to putt with it for a while but just couldn't get comfortable with it (of course, this was back when I was first playing, and figured since it was in this cool see-through plastic, it HAD to be good.) For me, it's just too deep for me to get a consistent release. And yeah, I do have a different putting style, I'm more of a push putter (I guess that's what it is) straight at it or fast, nose down sinker.
                            Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Challengers!

I use challengers and they work the best for me. Slightly overstable which makes them consistent even in the wind. Great for short tee shots/upshots too. D's and supercolors are nice and stiff for stiff putter people and the FLX are soft but firm. X's for short tee shots/upshots. Most used disc in my bag. If challengers ceased to exist I'd be a wizard man. Dave M. has really stepped up to the plate in the putter department!
                              Challengers-Rocs-Drone-Teebirds-TL-Wraiths-Destroyers

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
                                Soft Magnets baby, my go-to disc from 200' in. The sooner I can get this disc in my hand the better. We all have that holy grail disc in our bags, the Soft Mag is mine.
                                I understand what you mean. This is exactly how I feel about pro ryhnos (the newer ones, a little more firm). I know they're too stable for most, but I love them.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X