X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keen Shoes

My hubby has had his pair for about a year, and they're starting to fall apart. Shannon came up to the Lucky Mud with us to play some disc golf and wound up getting her feet soaked because her Keen shoes (that are also less than a year old) are starting to fall apart.

Anyone else having issues with their aging Keens?

And on a side note, I spotted a pair of Keen sandals (men's, size unknown) for $5 at the Oak Grove Goodwill in Milwaukie.

I have had mine for 3 years and 3monthes and still going strong! I wear then almost daily. They look well loved but are still serviceable. I love my Keens!

Comment

Keen's new disc golf shoe should be out in 2 months... I'll go for that or one of the nice ones i see online... waiting for it to come out to try it on or at least see what it looks like...

Comment

Ya i was pretty sad about my shoes. When i got them i was a little leary because they were not as comfortable as my other shoes but i grew to like them (and having dry feet ) Now the sole is splitting from the shoe in places and i put a tear in the fabric on top of the L one just a few months after i got them. I only wear them to play golf.

Comment

Originally posted by alphawolf View Post
          Ya i was pretty sad about my shoes. When i got them i was a little leary because they were not as comfortable as my other shoes but i grew to like them (and having dry feet ) Now the sole is splitting from the shoe in places and i put a tear in the fabric on top of the L one just a few months after i got them. I only wear them to play golf.
          Mine have been super comfortable since I got them and have been a good disc golf shoe. They have kept my feet dry for the most part but I have only worn them for disc golf and really for only about 4 months on a regular basis. Hopefully they will hold up well enough for the next couple of tournaments I'll be playing. I'm still planning to try the new Keen disc golf shoe when it comes out.

Bob

Comment

Keen does not make a disc golf shoe, keep this in mind people (Until November 1st when the public release comes out). I've had better luck with Keen's than any shoe I've owned, and I go through shoes faster than anybody I know. I've gotten 5 months out of the Wasatch Crests, the same exact shoe as the disc golf shoe is based on. They are great, still water proof, but the sole is starting to go, which I fully expect from any shoe that I've abused through a summer of golf.

The real downfall of Keen shoes (for our sport) is not having a 1 piece sole, and if the disc golf shoe does sell, and it will have to be fairly well that will also be changed in time. Since the mold alone for a once piece sole is quite expensive.

Shoes fall apart, I expect it, if you want to get the most bang for you buck buy your shoes at REI and return them when they start to wear and exchange them. But that is just my .02

Comment

I have a pair with patent pending on them (we're talking old) and they are going strong. So are my other 4 pairs. As for their new DG shoe - I don't like shoes with the built in waterproof sock, might as well be wearing a plastic bag on my foot. Now if we could come up with a way to power an engine with sweat, I'd make a fortune.
              educate your thinking

Comment

Speaking of plastic bags thats what Shannon had to do after her feet got drenched at Lucky Mudd. Thank god we had extra dry socks (and two handy plastic bags).
                According to Mazza I have a sissy arm

Comment

I have a pair of Keen sandles that I use for golf. I really like them in the summer since my feet overheat quite easily. I don't play much in winter so I am not sure what I will wear then, most likely back to my Dr Marten boots. I will wear the Keen sandles on wet but not cold days. I wore them on Saturday figuring that me feet were going to get wet no matter what, I might as well wear the sandles so that I don't have wet socks. And then it was nice, go figure.

Comment

I love my Keen shoes! I got to test out the Keen dry feature at Adain last Saturday morning, and they were super dry on the inside. Very happy with them.

Cindy
                    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                    Stumptown #176
                    PDGA #37716

Comment

I agree with that Cindy, I play pretty much all weekend in the rain and my feet never got wet. I loved dry socks when I got home!

Comment

I've never had Keens, but I have had great luck with Salomon Trail Runners, this year I got the goretex ones with a toggle (i don't care for having to tie my shoes) and was very pleased. they fit women's feet really well (slender with good arch support and a WIDE toe bed) and last consistently for a whole year, which is I've learned is about the best I can expect for a pair of golfin' shoes...
                        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

anyone try the keen shellrock WP?

Comment

bump, anyone try the shellrock?

Comment

I have never had a pair of keens but I don't like them. I used to work at REI's distribution center and when we would get a truck load of the shoes they would always take 6 to 8 hours to sort. They could never get the right style in the correct box and the sizes were never the same as what the box said. Not too keen on keens for a reason that isn't fair to the company.
                              Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X