X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R Pro Boss

I just picked one up yesterday and took it out to the field by the casa to give it some hucks. Man o man I really like it distance wise it is fast and straight with just a little fade at the end. My question is has anyone thrown it in a decent head or crosswind? I had a little bit of wind yesterday but am just interested if it will withstand some good breezes. The disc is 158g.
    The Frisbee is the mirror to the soul.

-M. Burns

Originally posted by grant View Post
    I just picked one up yesterday and took it out to the field by the casa to give it some hucks. Man o man I really like it distance wise it is fast and straight with just a little fade at the end. My question is has anyone thrown it in a decent head or crosswind? I had a little bit of wind yesterday but am just interested if it will withstand some good breezes. The disc is 158g.
    Mine is a 150g. Love the distance, but it is light enough to flip in a headwind.

Comment

Beats up as fast as any DX (or maybe faster). I use them as my go-to, but find they are go-trough, drivers. It's the cost of doing business. They should be a good source of flippy discs for our loaner and beginner box.
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I love my Bosses, I usually throw a 174g, but recently bought two more, a 162g and 143g. I've had a lot of luck sidearming this disc and have been throwing it regularly, been waiting for it to disappoint me, but I haven't had to use the others!
        ccovington4169@aol.com

Comment

I just picked up a 136 gram R-Pro Boss last weekend.
          Its alot less stable than my 167 gram Starlite Boss.
          Its too understable for forehand use, possibly as a forehand roller disc, but as a backhand disc, Booyahh ! this thing soars.

Any weight under 150 grams should float ( #15 at Lakewood ) mine does.
          It will sit on top of the water with either the plate or the rim side up.

Comment

What he said - do not hit anything with the R-Pro or it will change immediately.

I wish the plastic was edible so after a couple rounds I could eat the old and play with the new.

They do go quite a way though.

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
            Beats up as fast as any DX (or maybe faster). I use them as my go-to, but find they are go-trough, drivers. It's the cost of doing business. They should be a good source of flippy discs for our loaner and beginner box.

Comment

Originally posted by erp View Post
              What he said - do not hit anything with the R-Pro or it will change immediately.

I wish the plastic was edible so after a couple rounds I could eat the old and play with the new.

They do go quite a way though.
              I bought one recently and roughed it up a bit this weekend. Point-blanked it once into a tree. I like how it throws and fades but how soon does it loose it's flight characteristics after being abused? Should I switch to Champ plastic for longer life? Does Champ plastic fly the same? Thanks.

Comment

I think you'll find the Champion will be in a heavier weight range and more stable for any given weight than the R-Pros. Champion lasts a very long time and takes lots of abuse. I don't have much of an arm and doubt I could find any Champion Boss that I could hope to get much glide from. I depend on lightweight and worn DXs for most of my goto drivers. The R-Pro Boss meant that there was a lighter, less stable Boss that even I could make work. The trouble is, R-Pro should be called, "Destructo." At first I was bothered because I couldn't find a marker to put my name on it with, and then I figured it out; by the time the ink rubs off, the disc is worn out, and I can only use so many flipper discs.
                The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I'm finding that pro plastic in the lighter weights (<170) is holding stability much better than R-Pro when trees are involved, and is still throwable for my skinny arm, unlike champion plastic...

I still keep a champion boss in the bag for hyzers and headwind forehand drives where I get more torque on the disc.

Just got two pro Katanas today that should be just the ticket for long consistent drives, with a flight pattern similar to an R-Pro that's seen a tree or two...we'll see if I can stay inside today or if I wind up at pier park sick...

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                  I think you'll find the Champion will be in a heavier weight range and more stable for any given weight than the R-Pros. Champion lasts a very long time and takes lots of abuse. I don't have much of an arm and doubt I could find any Champion Boss that I could hope to get much glide from. I depend on lightweight and worn DXs for most of my goto drivers. The R-Pro Boss meant that there was a lighter, less stable Boss that even I could make work. The trouble is, R-Pro should be called, "Destructo." At first I was bothered because I couldn't find a marker to put my name on it with, and then I figured it out; by the time the ink rubs off, the disc is worn out, and I can only use so many flipper discs.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X