Dyed Discs Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • http://www.flickr.com/photos/45158787@N05/4862280022/

    My first dye attempt. My daughter's DX Coyote.
    How can I get the pic to show up? I tried to add the pic using the insert image button, but it won't work.
    Whenever I see a matress on top of a car, I think it's a prostitute making a house call!

    Comment


    • Well, that's a link to a web page and not a picture, so that won't work with the insert image thing on this site.

      Also, watch out with DX plastic and dyeing. Its pretty notorious for not holding a dye at all.

      It looks like you did a pretty good job with something that complicated for your first dye, however.
      We're at our best when it's from our hips

      Comment


      • Flickr doesn't allow hotlinking, AFAIK. All you can do is post links. If you want to post photos on forums and such, sites like Photobucket or Picasa should do the trick.
        Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Parks View Post
          Well, that's a link to a web page and not a picture, so that won't work with the insert image thing on this site.

          Also, watch out with DX plastic and dyeing. Its pretty notorious for not holding a dye at all.

          It looks like you did a pretty good job with something that complicated for your first dye, however.
          I agree, looks really good for being his 1st and DX plastic.

          You will notice that the colors on DX always seem to come out a lighter shade then what you use and it is harder to set in the plastic. If you want to practice on DX try using a mix of 75% water and about 25% acetone and run your dye hot as you can without warping the disc. GL and keep posting your dyes.

          Comment


          • [IMG][/IMG]

            CFR Boss. Some of the residue from the vinyl stuck, but I'll worry about that after the dye sets for a few days.
            Whenever I see a matress on top of a car, I think it's a prostitute making a house call!

            Comment


            • Nice job, Kris!

              Keep at it, the dyes will only get better as you learn more.
              We're at our best when it's from our hips

              Comment


              • My best friend and my son's godfather, who is 27 yrs old, just got diagnosed with cancer, and has been a disc golfer thanks to my contributing to his bag as I just gave him a bigger bag and 13 discs. WIthout igniting controversy, who can do dyes from a picture and have the writing around it, something like cancer survivor on it. Want to get this for him in the next couple months to keep him fighting the good fight in chemo...

                Comment


                • Send me a copy of the pic and I will see If i can get a workable image from it. I have done some trophy discs with peoples images on them so I might be able to help. Msg me Snap

                  Comment


                  • kc pro dye affinity

                    Hey disc dying fanatics, can anyone tell me how well a kc pro roc would take dye? It is a dark marbled purple/blue, almost tie dye looking. Thanks for the help.
                    Boys! Boys! Nobody owns Cory and Trevor. -Bubbles

                    Comment


                    • Pro plastic takes dye very well but will blur and fade in time. The plastic is very pliable and the dye will set nice and dark for ya. I have several I have done and even though they blurred a little bit after some time they still look great. GL

                      Comment


                      • I have been busy lately but managed to get a few dyes done for close friends on request. Here are a couple of them i got pics of

                        Seahawks on a 1st run Nuke


                        added the sun to the back of this dye for a friend..

                        I figured one potleaf wouldnt hurt

                        The superman disc has been done to death but it was a request =]

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                          My best friend and my son's godfather, who is 27 yrs old, just got diagnosed with cancer, and has been a disc golfer thanks to my contributing to his bag as I just gave him a bigger bag and 13 discs. WIthout igniting controversy, who can do dyes from a picture and have the writing around it, something like cancer survivor on it. Want to get this for him in the next couple months to keep him fighting the good fight in chemo...
                          Nate, you know my work. let me know if you want me to do it. send me the logo
                          All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

                          Comment


                          • I like the Seahawks dye itself, but do you have any plans to put a good team on a disc in the future?
                            We're at our best when it's from our hips

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
                              Nate, you know my work. let me know if you want me to do it. send me the logo
                              Thanks for the offer but trex came through in style on this one... will post it for all to see in a week after I give it to my buddy... Thanks.

                              Comment


                              • My wife and I are going to Honolulu in 2 weeks, so I thought I'd do sort of a commemorative disc.

                                [IMG][/IMG]
                                Whenever I see a matress on top of a car, I think it's a prostitute making a house call!

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X