Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That scene where the carpet patterns began creeping up the legs was a little too like somewhere I thought I remembered being once, or was it twice? Here today, gonzo tomorrow.
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

• Back to dyed disc.... I just did this one for a friend and yes that's how u spell the dogs name.

Comment

• anyone around tacoma lakewood that can dye..i got acouple of disc i would love to be dyed

Comment

• im pretty sure this was a TL or something along those lines.

for the team disc golf discs, TREX did the design and cut them with the plotter and then i dyed them.
          Team HOSER:dancing:
          Team OLY:cheerleader:
          Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

• Something about 9 dyes that look exactly alike that I really dig. Thanks again for doing the hard work Tyvek they came out great.

Comment

• I had a problem today while dyeing a star plastic shark.The disc actually peeled. What I mean is when I was taking off the 1st pieces of my vinyl to start the dye, what I thought was left over adhesive that was coming up was actually the skin of the disc. I have done a lot of dyes to date and have never seen this before. The 1st color was black for the shark logo. the 2nd was red for the swirl in the back round. All the peeling occurred in or around the center of the disc. Anyone ever have this happen?
              I am not happy about this at all. I was given a custom picture to dye which took me a long time to do and now the disc does this and I feel crappy. He waited so long and I have to give him back this, this, I dunno what the heck it is peeling looking disc thing ={

Comment

• hey TREX,

yeah i have had a few discs do this on me. i had the worst problems with this from the Discraft Flex plastic and one ESP plastic, and on a couple star plastic discs but it was only just a little on the star plastic discs. and they all were sort of around the center of the disc.

i dont know why it happens but it deffinately does suck when it happens. i havent tried dyeing any ESP or Flex plastic since then. i mostly just tell people that the champion and Z plastics are the best for dyeing.
                Team Meteor

Comment

• Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                  While I'm not one for hanging discs on the wall, I think that one would go up on my window someplace.
                  The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                  ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

hey TREX,

yeah i have had a few discs do this on me. i had the worst problems with this from the Discraft Flex plastic and one ESP plastic, and on a couple star plastic discs but it was only just a little on the star plastic discs. and they all were sort of around the center of the disc.

i dont know why it happens but it deffinately does suck when it happens. i havent tried dyeing any ESP or Flex plastic since then. i mostly just tell people that the champion and Z plastics are the best for dyeing.
                    Looks like another strike for Discraft!
                    Read this ^

Comment

• Originally posted by DMajor View Post
                      Lol, it'll happen with Gold Line plastic from Lat and Star from Innova as well. Seen it happen, never happened to me but it's happened to some of my friends on some very complicated dyes.

I think the reason that the Z/Opto/Champion plastics dye so much better is it isn't really a multi-blend plastic. They tend to be more uniform in the actually granules they use to manufacture the disc. And since ESP/Star/Gold Line is a blend of the Z/Champion/Opto plastic with another varying plastic added into the mix to get the grip, the mixes are less uniform.

Variances in plastic molding are great. Or horrible depending on how the variance effects you and whatever you happen to be doing.

Oh yeah, last thing, I've never heard of anyone trying to do the FLX plastic with dyes. I'd figure that it'd be somewhat like trying to dye R-Pro or Soft X discs. Just seems that they'd bleed and not allow clean dye lines.
                      Last edited by General Scales; March 26th, 2010, 03:32 PM. Reason: Cause I wanted to.
                      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                      Cleveland Brown

Comment

• Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                        Lol, it'll happen with Gold Line plastic from Lat and Star from Innova as well. Seen it happen, never happened to me but it's happened to some of my friends on some very complicated dyes.

I think the reason that the Z/Opto/Champion plastics dye so much better is it isn't really a multi-blend plastic. They tend to be more uniform in the actually granules they use to manufacture the disc. And since ESP/Star/Gold Line is a blend of the Z/Champion/Opto plastic with another varying plastic added into the mix to get the grip, the mixes are less uniform.

Variances in plastic molding are great. Or horrible depending on how the variance effects you and whatever you happen to be doing.

Oh yeah, last thing, I've never heard of anyone trying to do the FLX plastic with dyes. I'd figure that it'd be somewhat like trying to dye R-Pro or Soft X discs. Just seems that they'd bleed and not allow clean dye lines.
                        very interesting. i had not thought about that aspect of it, but it does make some sense. but i am not very educated on the science behind all the different plastics and blends of plastic for discs.

as far as dyeing Flex plastic goes, it dyes just fine with no bleeding or anything. the only problem i had was with the thin layer of plastic peeling up. i was also thinking it might have something to do with the heat of the dye while the disc is sitting in the bath.
                        Team Meteor

Comment

• Originally posted by DMajor View Post
                          good joke Big D!

dont forget how my meteors from DISCRAFT showed your discs how to fly a couple weeks ago in team disc golf!
                          Team Meteor

Comment

good joke Big D!

dont forget how my meteors from DISCRAFT showed your discs how to fly a couple weeks ago in team disc golf!
                            I think my DX roc did just fine against the meteors. I'm pretty sure it was the handful of 15-10 foot missed putts that was the difference in the match. Remember what I was putting with? I think those soft challengers put a curse on me. They are now collecting dust in the closet where they belong. But u won fair and square well played. I would like a rematch please and I will leave the rest of my bag in the car this time.

Wanna play for the Jimi dye vs some $$$$$? Or I have some discraft in the closet I could get rid of
                            Read this ^

Comment

• That purple Haze is one of the best dyes I have seen in a long time. nicely done
                              All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                                While I'm not one for hanging discs on the wall, I think that one would go up on my window someplace.
                                There is always ceiling space.
                                Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X