Dyed Discs Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
    I note the Widmer product placement.
    Haha, totally accidental. I've not cleaned my kitchen for a few days, and when I dye discs I drink a lot of Widmer Hef.

    Comment


    • #77
      A little vid I made of some of my dyes. not the greatest vid, but here it is:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tIOXEO-1Qg
      All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

      Comment


      • #78
        The vid was sweet, it makes my mouth water... Do you have any tips on doing more than one color?
        Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

        Comment


        • #79
          pretty much the only advice i have for multicolor is to dye the darkest color first and work your way towards the lightest color.
          All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

          Comment


          • #80
            I was working on a prototype for Mat Crider's birthday present today and came up with this. It's not actually going to look like this, but I thought it was still pretty sweet art, none-the-less. The actual disc will hopefully still be cool in it's own right.


            Here's the foto that the silhouette is from...

            Comment


            • #81
              the silhouette makes it look like he has saggy... umm... yeah.

              I'm sure it's gonna be awesome no matter what though.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by Brody Cannon View Post
                the silhouette makes it look like he has saggy... umm... yeah.

                I'm sure it's gonna be awesome no matter what though.
                Yeah, I already noticed that and have given him a double masectomy.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by Brody Cannon View Post
                  the silhouette makes it look like he has saggy... umm... yeah.
                  I immediately thought I'd see those ...umm... somewhere before.
                  The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                  ...but it plays one on TV.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Now check out my 5th dye, i spent 5 hours cutting this and I am pretty sure it was worth it. I also put it on my favorite disc of all time the willamette open boss that I pretty much throw for 75 % of my drives. It could have been a little more centered, but oh well, pretty bad ass all the same. Also a special thanks to Adam Shcnieder for helping me figure out how to post the actual image rather than a link...
                    Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Shout out to Mike P! THANK YOU for my awesome disc! I love it And now that you know I've gotten it, please feel free to post your art!

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by gwillim View Post
                        Yeah, I already noticed that and have given him a double masectomy.
                        Don't let him push you around Ryan. At his age it's normal for him to find hoo hahs in everything he sees.

                        Kick ass artwork.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          @Carlitos:

                          Nice job on the Jager disc! Great improvement over your first 5 dyes. The only thing is that I would like to see the black dye be darker, it will last longer and resist fading longer, and it's just more powerful of an image that way. Let me know if you need any help in that department. Well done.

                          @Kel:

                          Yeah, I remember those days like they were yesterday...oh wait...I'm still like that! Dangit!
                          I spent about an hour and a half on the cutting and the disc has been sitting on my table for the last two days with the vinyl on it ready for bathing, hopefully tonight or tomorrow morning I'll get it wrapped up. I've got 5 more orders to work on this weekend!

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by kel View Post
                            Don't let him push you around Ryan. At his age it's normal for him to find hoo hahs in everything he sees.

                            Kick ass artwork.
                            I was thinking the same thing about the drawing. And I'm a girl.
                            I think the drawing's background make his torso appear shorter than in the photo.

                            Is it a surprise disc dye?
                            "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by gwillim View Post
                              @Carlitos:

                              Nice job on the Jager disc! Great improvement over your first 5 dyes. The only thing is that I would like to see the black dye be darker, it will last longer and resist fading longer, and it's just more powerful of an image that way. Let me know if you need any help in that department. Well done.
                              I would love any and all help you could provide, would you suggest less water in the dye, different dye, longer dyeing times, or maybe something else. Seriously appreciated!
                              Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by Jet
                                Is it a surprise dye?
                                No, I told him I would dye a disc for him for his B-day, and I showed him the prototype that I drew. I think he was a little surprised, but probably not too much, I did a dye for Haley's B-day as well, so he might have been kind of expecting it?

                                Originally posted by CarlitosBonitos View Post
                                I would love any and all help you could provide, would you suggest less water in the dye, different dye, longer dyeing times, or maybe something else. Seriously appreciated!
                                First tell me how you do it. Times, mixtures, type of dye, etc. That way I know what you need to know!

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X