X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by grant View Post
    Well done. I know for a fact that I would be quite uncomfortable throwing that disc with any bushes or any dead or tampled undergrowth. Very nice disc though.
    LOL so true. The last one i did was put up because of that very fact. I asked desert_heat20 if he wanted a center dye or whole disc for that very reason. He said whole disc being that he plans on using it as a fairway driver only. GL!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chad_from_BC View Post
      I'm thinking about putting a thin black ring around the outside of the disc.

175 CFR Gator.
      looks like a nuke
      Read this ^

Comment

• yup and I cant wait to throw it either.

Comment

• Exactly. I throw a lot of hyzer spikes with my gator and they always come smashing in to the ground like a ton of bricks and just stop dead in their tracks. Like a bomb falling from the sky. I think it's funny.
          My favourite putter is my driver.

Comment

• I say leave the gator as is. To go back and use another piece of vinyl for a circle would be a waste. I'm not trying to sound harsh, but you shoulda thought of that earlier during the design process.

Plus, another layer of vinyl will take some of the existing dye off the disc. Probably not an issue with something as dark and black as the mushroom cloud, but with other designs that can mess it up.

I say lesson learned, move on to your next challenge!

Edit: Hey TREX, is that gray or Dark Green?
            Last edited by ChUcK; February 9th, 2010, 01:47 PM. Reason: cause it's my party and I'll cry if I want to
            The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

• You would cry too if it happened to you.
              Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
                I say leave the gator as is. To go back and use another piece of vinyl for a circle would be a waste. I'm not trying to sound harsh, but you shoulda thought of that earlier during the design process.

Plus, another layer of vinyl will take some of the existing dye off the disc. Probably not an issue with something as dark and black as the mushroom cloud, but with other designs that can mess it up.

I say lesson learned, move on to your next challenge!

Edit: Hey TREX, is that gray or Dark Green?
                thanks for the suggestion. If I decide to add the circle I'll vasoline most of the dye so the vinyl doesn't stick at all. Should work fine if I don't go near the seal. The circle was an afterthought once i started cutting. I could have stopped and bought something to do the circle with, but I was scared of leaving the vinyl on for a day or two then having residue where the dye needed to go when I cut it off. We'll see. I'll probably just leave it as is.

Comment

• Hey TREX, is that gray or Dark Green?[/QUOTE]

It is actualy green and brown with a slight mix. The picture isnt helping because of indoor lighting. The last one I did I took pic outside and you can see the diff colors. I also noticed the green came out slightly different on the glow plastic. It almost seems off green to me. My 1st time dyeing a glow.

Last one i did with outside pictures using same colors.

Comment

• I like the UFO (unidentified finger over) in the upper right corner.

Oh, and I like the dye too.
                    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

• The reason I ask is that I, along with many other Rit diehards, have been fooled by their "Dark Green" color. It isn't green at all, more like poop colored. For bright green try Kelley Green.

Heh- if you're really a Trex, I'd hate to see the size of your feet!
                      The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

• Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
                        The reason I ask is that I, along with many other Rit diehards, have been fooled by their "Dark Green" color. It isn't green at all, more like poop colored. For bright green try Kelley Green.

Heh- if you're really a Trex, I'd hate to see the size of your feet!
                        Cool thanks for the info on the green I will try it.

I just got done with Sillybizz's disc and will post some pics later today.

Comment

• Dye for Sillybizz

Comment

• OMG - OH EM GEE!

Rex that is so bad ass! New disc going in the bag: 160g Z Reaper with a Slayer dye.

Thanks man, you did an awesome job!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• That does look badass! I havnt listened to slayer in about 10 years though, kind of gave up on thrash metal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chad_from_BC View Post
                                I havnt listened to slayer in about 10 years though, kind of gave up on thrash metal.
                                Now you've lost me. Where is the "shakes head" smiley at?

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X