Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've done a few Banksy images in my time... this one was his Flower Chucker, but I put a Z Predator in his hand, and now he's Mad Thumbers-

Actually, that might be the only one. I'm too lazy to go back through the entire photobucket album.

Nice dyes, Mr. Stoney! We'll have to play a round together sometime and discuss dye techniques (industrial espionage! )
    The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

• I am of course my favorite Dye artist I o love Chuck and Gwillim's work for their sick ass clean lines. As an artist I do pretty much any dye artist who goes for it an does the best work they can. Lots of good artists aroundd the NW. The biggest thing I love about my work over others is that I try images that no others will try, and I honestly think I do some of the best multicolors around here. I love what all of you do though. Thanks
      All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
        I am of course my favorite Dye artist I o love Chuck and Gwillim's work for their sick ass clean lines. As an artist I do pretty much any dye artist who goes for it an does the best work they can. Lots of good artists aroundd the NW. The biggest thing I love about my work over others is that I try images that no others will try, and I honestly think I do some of the best multicolors around here. I love what all of you do though. Thanks
        TOOT! TOOT!
        www.soulpancake.com
        www.bahai.org
        http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

• Of course, there's that thing about artists doing original work. Copying someone else's images onto a disc makes one a technician. There's no shame in that at all, just a different descriptor. I'm way good with, and a big fan of, great craftsmanship, and I've seen plenty of that here. I think that too should come highly praised and recompensed. But 'artistry' is a higher bar. I blow off my keyboard a lot around here, because that (wordsmithing) is my art. I don't want to copy anything that I don't put it in quotes.

None of you guys better stop what you're doing. I, and many others, take great pleasure in what you do. I will give you that there can be artistry in sampling, and some of that certainly happens here. But, I really like seeing the soul revealed in truly original works.
          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

• I know what you mean Bob. I dont consider myself an artist by coming up with my own work and putting it on a disc. I have done quiet a few original works, but most of my work has come from real artists that originally designed the image. I simply recreated it and out it on a piece of plastic. I kove what I do, and I do consider myself an artist for doing it. Dont worry Bob. Even though all of us may not create original artwork, I ont think any of us are gonna stop what we are doing because its not original
            All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

• Like I tried to say, it's the words that I paint with. I want them to mean what they say (most of the time). And when it gets blurry, it might be the feelings I want to get across.

So, I'll give you this in a New York instant, there can be art in your adaptations. And really, I give almost a whole crap about copyrights. Artists should be free to do good art or bad art. There should be no penalties for trying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
                I am of course my favorite Dye artist I o love Chuck and Gwillim's work for their sick ass clean lines. As an artist I do pretty much any dye artist who goes for it an does the best work they can. Lots of good artists aroundd the NW. The biggest thing I love about my work over others is that I try images that no others will try, and I honestly think I do some of the best multicolors around here. I love what all of you do though. Thanks
                please for once TRY and not be full of yourself and TRY not making yourself sound superior to everybody else. it will be hard for you i know, but it will be better for everybody else here.

Just let your work speak for itself.
                Team HOSER:dancing:
                Team OLY:cheerleader:
                Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

• personally I like everyone's efforts for whatever they decide to put on a disc, I have done a few dyes in my time and find that sharpie work is a little more rewarding and personal for me. I just wish it would stay on the plastic better, artwork is cool just wish there were more pics and less chatter about who the best is my $0.02
                  The Frisbee is the mirror to the soul.

-M. Burns

Comment

• Originally posted by grant View Post
                    ...just wish there were more pics and less chatter about who the best...
                    If a line of people behind a table are holding up numbers, it's not a sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                      If a line of people behind a table are holding up numbers, it's not a sport.
                      well putt.

-M. Burns

Comment

• I guess you won't be on the olympic comittee anytime soon
                        Read this ^

Comment

• Not the show biz part, anyway. That kind of judging thang is for dance contests and circus acts. It makes the games too much like the Country Music Awards and such. How about, who ever makes it down the hill fastest wins? Whoever jumps the farthest and lands on his/her feet? Or, put that rock in the circle at the other end of the ice, and/or, knock that other rock outathere. There are plenty of sports that could be called sports. We get a skating judges scandal ever few years. They should call those so-called games, "elections."

Comment

• Originally posted by grant View Post
                            personally I like everyone's efforts for whatever they decide to put on a disc, I have done a few dyes in my time and find that sharpie work is a little more rewarding and personal for me. I just wish it would stay on the plastic better, artwork is cool just wish there were more pics and less chatter about who the best is my $0.02
                            I'd like to see some sharpie art posted. Sharpie dyes can look way cooler than rit dyes when done by someone who can draw.

You're right though, it doesn't stay on as well as one would hope.

I think Bob is pretty much correct. For most of my dyes I feel like more of a translator than an artist. When I do design my own stuff, I guess it's called art, but nothing I've ever drawn hasn't been done by a million 3rd graders before...
                            The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

• Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
                              I'd like to see some sharpie art posted. Sharpie dyes can look way cooler than rit dyes when done by someone who can draw.
                              Well I may take a pic and post just for the sake of the thread, me and my 3 year old enjoy doing art projects and disc so we may get back on the disc drawing soon, although my talent is not that great it sure is a good time catchin a cool buzz and then drawing on one.

-M. Burns

Comment

• Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                                please for once TRY and not be full of yourself and TRY not making yourself sound superior to everybody else. it will be hard for you i know, but it will be better for everybody else here.

Just let your work speak for itself.
                                Make sure to keep us updated two or three times a day on the progress of your latest dye job, how cool it is, and the schedule of when you'll be unveiling it.
                                Last edited by Matt B.; February 4th, 2010, 06:17 AM. Reason: that was just mean

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X