Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pure acetone works kinda goodish. Not fingernail polish.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9SSP...eature=related

Comment

• I've traded a lot of plastic in the past on Discaroo and have tried a lot of different chemicals and methods suggested by others around the web but found nothing that did much more than fade the ink on Star, Champ, Elite Z, ESP, etc.

The best results was with a PVC pipe cleaner but even it didn't fade it much more than 50% and smeared the ink a bit in the process.

I've given up and just mark out the old ink in fear of taking it too far and ending up with damaged discs.

Comment

• just write 'sucks' after the name
        educate your thinking

Comment

• gosh, and if i traded like 10 discs from 10 different people on this forum, i would fear every time i play a round, one of the guys who sees my disc might be a guy I traded with... yikes...

Comment

• Well, I just pulled out all the long lost DX and similar quality discs in the Club Mud lost and found today. I did my best to remove the names and write, "Club Mud," to replenish the depleted loaner box. All the above mentioned discs had been in the L&F for years and had been called on where possible. I used acetone and it worked on most of then.

I'd like to do the same with the more expensive plastics, but they don't seem to stay in the box as long as the cheap ones.
            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

• For DX discs an eraser works like a charm
              www.soulpancake.com
              www.bahai.org
              http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

• The only time I have seen sharpie removed successfully is when the markings are ancient, or extremely fresh.
                The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

• INK . . . Dangit!

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
                  The only time I have seen sharpie removed successfully is when the markings are ancient, or extremely fresh.

Very, very, very well said This be the truth!

-Derek

www.discgolforegon.com

Comment

• Latest dyes

Nothing to special just a couple Pro boss discs i did for myself and a friend

Comment

• Hell yeah, I love that white pro boss. That would be a bad ass series of dyes to do. Pinup girls with disc golf intentions. God if it were only like that in reality...
                      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                      Cleveland Brown

Comment

• Very nice work there

I will have another one of my multicolor dyes done in a couple of days. Its Alice in Wonderland Lookin pretty sick so far!!!
                        All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

• I am still thinking about a multi color dye. I have looked at a lot of the ones done here and I am starting to get an Idea of what I want to do. I have done 3 multi color dyes using 2 to 3 colors and they came out good but I want to do one with more colors.

Comment

• They are fun, but alot more work. especially if you do it the way I do. The one I am working on has 8 colors, and 1 color, I am doing 3 diff shades of it.

Comment

• 2 more colors to do. might be posted tomorrow night

Comment

• ok. 10 colors total, and 3 shades of purple. will post tomorrow for sure.

Black, Blue, Teal, Red, Orange, Yellow, Dark Green, Kelly Green, Tan, Purple (3 shades).
                                Last edited by Trozzle!!!; January 26th, 2010, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X