Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its far from done, too many squares to cut out.

Still looking to do your Calvin and Hobbes dye J. I have it all drwn out on the vinyl already, just waiting for the disc.
    All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

• As soon as I can get my hands on a 166 White Pro Line Rogue I'll get it to you.
      J
      educate your thinking

Comment

• KC PRO

I always thought that Pro plastic was pretty poor to dye.

Anyone have luck with laying down a dye on KC plastic?

A friend of mine wanted to use the ashes of his father in the dye
        for a KC Pro Avair...

Thoughts/tips?

Comment

• Originally posted by gmills View Post

for a KC Pro Avair...

Thoughts/tips?
          I've heard many people say that Innova Pro plastic doesn't dye well, but I have not found this to be the case. I have several dyes on pro plastic; some that I've done and a couple that others have done. Both color and black only. Like all dyes, the lines will blur a little bit over time. This might be slightly more pronounced in pro plastic, but if it is it's not by much.

I have never tried the ashes/dye thing, but here are my thoughts/suspicions. I don't know how well the ash will disolve in the water/dye mixture, but my suspicion is that it won't at all, leaving kind of a sludge at the bottom of the pan. I think very little, if any, of the ash would actually make it onto the disc. But I'm just (educated) guessing here.
          Last edited by Scott; September 9th, 2009, 08:15 AM. Reason: Added thoughts

Comment

• Originally posted by gmills View Post

for a KC Pro Avair...

Thoughts/tips?
            regular pro plastic takes dye really good, unfortunately the dye fades out faster than star or champion plastic. KC plastic will take dye, but not really well. for instance, you might be using a royal blue, and have the disc come out a baby blue. if you had enough hours you might be able to get a nice color, but it would take a looooonggg time.

as far as using somebodys ashes. aside from it being just slightly weird, i dont think any of the actual ash would end up in or on the disc, but it would serve its purpose psychologicaly for the person wanting it just knowing that you put ashes in with the dye. they dont have to know that there isnt any ashes in the dye on the disc.
            Team HOSER:dancing:
            Team OLY:cheerleader:
            Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

• Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
              regular pro plastic takes dye really good, unfortunately the dye fades out faster than star or champion plastic. KC plastic will take dye, but not really well. for instance, you might be using a royal blue, and have the disc come out a baby blue. if you had enough hours you might be able to get a nice color, but it would take a looooonggg time.

as far as using somebodys ashes. aside from it being just slightly weird, i dont think any of the actual ash would end up in or on the disc, but it would serve its purpose psychologicaly for the person wanting it just knowing that you put ashes in with the dye. they dont have to know that there isnt any ashes in the dye on the disc.
              Yeah. I figured that much about the ashes. I did have some weird leaf residue that made it into a dye once. It actually made the dye look almost tie-dyed. I always found that the lines on Pro plastic were not very tight and it also faded very quick.

Thanks...Gabe

Comment

• I just now read through the discussion about the rollergirl disc, and I have to agree with Tyvek. It wasn't too complicated, unless you count the extra time I spent ensuring every line was clean and smooth. If there's anyone in the DG world that deserves a perfectly clean dye, it's Zippy for sure!

I haven't been doing many requests lately. I finally learned that I'll never make any kind of business with disc dyes, so I only dye for fun now. It's funny- dyeing discs is so much better when you don't acquiesce to every dye demand that comes your way. Nothing is more empowering than telling someone thanks, but I don't feel like dyeing Tony Danza's face on your champ Loss. I mean Boss. Dyeing discs is becoming a fun hobby again!
                The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

• Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
                  I don't feel like dyeing Tony Danza's face on your champ Loss
                  LOL, what are you trying to say, Chuck, you didn't like my Danza dye??

Comment

• I loved it. And that's all that matters, Gwillim. RIP Tony.
                    Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

• Originally posted by gwillim View Post
                      I think he's saying that he gets more enjoyment doing dyes that fit within his artistic vision rather than somebody else's stolen pop-culture references. Speaking of which, how are my dyes coming along?

Comment

• Hehe, yeah, I think in Chuck's world, the requests for a Tony Danza Boss are the disc dyeing equivalent of "Freebird" requests for cover bands.
                        Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I can't remember it...but I sure as shhh didn't like my Boss Hogg dye. That one broke my dyeing spirit for a while.

Actually Ryan, I can't think of any dyes of yours that I haven't liked.
                          The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                            Speaking of which, how are my dyes coming along?
                            One will be done tomorrow morning, the other should be done by Thursday. I'm leaving Friday for the weekend so I'll probably deliver them to you Thursday evening or Friday before I leave.

Comment

One will be done tomorrow morning, the other should be done by Thursday. I'm leaving Friday for the weekend so I'll probably deliver them to you Thursday evening or Friday before I leave.
                              I was just kidding. I know you'll have 'em ready. Thursday night would probably be ideal for me.

Comment

• too many words, not enough pics...
                                educate your thinking

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X