X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zetoyoc View Post
    I don't think they came out too bad for a first attempt.
    i hope the pic worked
    I like the triangle one the best.

Comment

Originally posted by DrEnigma View Post
      If anyone has any tips on removing bleeds, I would greatly appreciate.
      I don't know what method you use to dye the plastic. I do the frying pan on the stove method. If you notice the bleed early enough, you can often take 100% acetone and a very soft cloth/rag and remove the bleed. Be careful, of course, not to touch the acetone to any part of the design.

If you're dying translucent plastic this is much easier, you can take a peek at the disc every couple minutes through the plastic, if you notice a bleed, take it out, rinse in cold water, and try to fix it with the acetone if possilbe.

In reality, most of the time prevention is the best medicine. Make sure you don't have any air trapped between the disc and the vinyl, make sure all your cuts end where they should, etc. If you're using something other than vinyl, like contact paper, then you need to start using vinyl!

Hope this helps, let me know if any of that doesn't make sense, this is a process that is easier to explain via example rather than writing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwillim View Post
        In reality, most of the time prevention is the best medicine.
        Wel said, Ryan.

This can't be stressed enough. Take an extra few minutes before dropping the disc to ensure that the vinyl is as perfect as possible. It's worth the time. Trust me.

Comment

Thanks for the input. yes this could get addicting. I need to go buy a few more disks anyway right? Ill just make sure to upgrade past dx plastic and now that it is monday i can find a sign shop for some vinyl. Good thing i took the day off work. Now I have loads of time to play

Comment

Originally posted by zippyboy View Post
            Well done, especially for first attempts. My first attempt turned out way less than spectacular, which is why I never bothered to post it.
            Had to throw in an ode to the Trojan on one of the firsts....

Thanks to Scott and Ryan for the tip on using vinyl--I had been using contact paper--and will definitely get to using vinyl as soon as I can find it.
            TROJAN NATION #22: Sweet Baby Jesus and the Orphans

Comment

For Adam Huskey. He was born in Wales, hence the Welsh dragon.

Comment

I know i posted this one before........

But, here is "Bee Disc 2" in progress:

All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Celtic Dye

Finished this morning.

Comment

Bruce is going to love that. Awesome dye, Ryan.
                    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                      Bruce is going to love that. Awesome dye, Ryan.
                      Thx, it was a fun one to do.

Comment

That is fine like cherry wine. Nice work.
                        Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

Comment

W-the heck? Is no one dying any plastic anymore? I want some pictures people! Let's get this thread back to life!

I'll put up some pics tonight when I get home. I have three or four new ones I think.

Comment

i dyed a disc but then i decided to throw the disc and then i decided to lose the disc so now the disc is not only died but it's also now dead (to me at least).

perhaps i should try agian.
                            May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

Someone needs to convince ChucK that this is the place to post his pics. He should just inundate us with like 30 posts in a row of his best dyes.
                              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

He hasnt been posting too many on ODSA either. I have lots of ideas, and some drawn out already, I just need to get time to go to the sign shop and pick up some more Oracal. This crap by 3m i have just isnt cutting it.
                                All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X