X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
    Is it just me, or does Trex's hand make discs look kind of small?
    LOL you caught me, I've been dying Mini's this whole time

It's the angle I am holding the discs. Taking the picture upward from my shoulder. I am 6'3" tall so my hands aren't small. I just got done doing 2 more dye's. A Seahwawks dye on a destroyerand and a TREX flame like the boss I did on a TREX disc. I will post pics later.

Comment

• I see you also visit geekpress.com

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
      Don't know why I didn't think of this when I saw it. I would love to commission a dyer to dye this:

(Props to Scott, I think, for steering me toward eatliver.com, where I found the above illusion....

Comment

• Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
        Is it just me, or does Trex's hand make discs look kind of small?
        Its bad enough Trex hears it from the ladies, but you too Bob?!
        A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

• They like big hands?
          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

• Alien Workshop

Last edited by bryan_luoma; August 24th, 2009, 07:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
              Don't know why I didn't think of this when I saw it. I would love to commission a dyer to dye this:

(Props to Scott, I think, for steering me toward eatliver.com, where I found the above illusion....
              I decided to give this one a shot. starting work on it now. gonna take a long ass time, but i will of course post the result when im done
              All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
                I decided to give this one a shot. starting work on it now. gonna take a long ass time, but i will of course post the result when im done
                why would that take a long "a$%" time? its just a bunch of squares, thats not to difficult.
                Team HOSER:dancing:
                Team OLY:cheerleader:
                Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

• I've thought about doing that image at one point as well, but balked at the time it would take to cut out all the little squares.
                  The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

• A quick estimation counts 592 sides of squares. These sides have 1184 lines to cut. Beyond that, just how these master dyers work out the multiple colors, I don't know. It looks like a good winter project to me.
                    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

• there are only 94 squares and when you blow it up big enough to be put on a disc the squares wont be all that small. the multiple colors is easy enough.
                      Team HOSER:dancing:
                      Team OLY:cheerleader:
                      Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

• Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                        there are only 94 squares and when you blow it up big enough to be put on a disc the squares wont be all that small. the multiple colors is easy enough.
                        the fact that you sat there and counted all the squares, to try and prove some point, makes me laugh.

Thanks.

Comment

• There may be only 94 squares, but technically you have to cut out 188 squares, as there is an inner square in each that must be cut. Plus, to make it look good you'd have to use a ruler for each cut. That just sounds like a huge hassle to me.
                          The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

• I could make that in 1 night with my plotter.

thats if i could stand to look at it long enough...

makes me feel wierd when i look at those squares. lol
                            http://www.discgolforegon.com

Comment

• I couldn't throw a disc like that, because I'd get dizzy looking at it, and then be off-balance when throwing it... cool image though. I think that illusion would look cool with circles too... maybe even made up of various colored/stamped discs?
                              Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

• Actually, I'm fairly sure the illusion would not work at all if made up of circles.
                                Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                                Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                                Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                                Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                                Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X