Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bed? whats that? I dont need sleep. I will be there and bring many of my dyes for you to see. I will be wearing a Blue LSDiscs hoody. I will look for you in the morn.
    All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

• She's headed for Walla Walla for the Sushi Classic ... oh yea
      educate your thinking

Comment

• Curious to those who Dye. I'm looking at investing in a vinyl cutter for dying discs. Any thoughts?? I'm looking at some on Ebay right now. I have tons of photoshop and Illustrator background for images. I will probaly use the cutter to make stickers and wall art too so I'm thinking 24" cutter. Thoughts???????Thanks for the help.
        WORK LESS THROW MORE
        http://www.grippt.com

Comment

• I would recommend not getting the cheapest one you can possibly find. I have one sitting on my floor right now that doesn't seem to work anymore...and when it did, it was not the simplest thing to use--extremely sparse instructions written in Engrish.

Incidentally, if you're interested, I could probably hook you up with a cheap deal on a previously working, slightly dusty plotter!
          Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

• Tim sent you a PM.
            For those interested I have been looking at these ones on Ebay that are 24" and supplied by US Cutter.
            WORK LESS THROW MORE

Comment

• Here's a project that I'm doing today, I might not finish it until tomorrow, but I'll post it when I'm done.

Comment

• Anybody know of a good Vinyl cutter for Disc Dying??? Roland is the Best but $$$$$. This will be just for hobby use not for everyday production stuff.
                WORK LESS THROW MORE

Comment

• Originally posted by sk8architecture View Post
                  Anybody know of a good Vinyl cutter for Disc Dying??? Roland is the Best but $$$$$. This will be just for hobby use not for everyday production stuff.
                  I'm a big fan of the X-acto 360 combo'ed up with a human hand.

Otherwise...

Check with Nate of discgolforegon.com if you must have a plotter, he uses one.

Comment

• They have this machine out, I have no idea how well it would cut vinyl though.

http://www.seenontvgoods.com/cricut.html
                    All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

• Here is the finished product. I messed up pretty badly in the planning stage and got a lot of bleeding. This is one my sloppiest dye jobs in the past six months and Iím not very happy with it. I was able to salvage it enough that is looks nice from a couple feet away, but up close itís pretty poor work.

Comment

• Alright here is another of mine. i did this for a friend and he was having a very hard debate with himself as to throw it or hang it on the wall.

it is a crystal buzzz.

so i had a question for people that have been dyeinig for while. i didnt do any dyeing over the winter time and my my dye just sat in its jug on the back porch. i got it all mixed up again and went to dye a disc. after two sittings in the black dye of at least 1/2 hour each the black on the disc was only very dark purple when held up to a light. so i went and bought a couple more packets of dye and put them in and got them mixed up.

but on the next disc i did, it was the same deal. the dye just doesnt want to stay mixed up like it used to last summer and even with two fresh packets of dye in it is still isnt as potent as it used to be. i dont have a lot of liquid, less than a quart of liquid and the equvilent of 2 bottles of liquid dye and 2 packets of powder dye in it(which almost seems like overykill)

anybody have any tips or solutions on why my dye isnt as potent as it was and how i can get it better again without just starting a whole new batch of dye?

thanks.
                        Team HOSER:dancing:
                        Team OLY:cheerleader:
                        Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

• Nice work! Just seeing all these beautiful work just makes me wonder.. is it possible, but I am not quite ready to "spoil" my discs yet.
                          Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
                          DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

• Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                            anybody have any tips or solutions on why my dye isnt as potent as it was and how i can get it better again without just starting a whole new batch of dye?
                            Put it in a big pot and heat it up to just about boiling. Stir it up a little. The heat mixed with the new dye should revive the whole thing again.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwillim View Post
                              Put it in a big pot and heat it up to just about boiling. Stir it up a little. The heat mixed with the new dye should revive the whole thing again.
                              i did exactly what you described before my second disc yesterday, but it didnt fix the problem. any other thoughts. there is a possibility that the whole solution froze at some point in the winter. has anybody had any experience with freezing their dye and then trying to dye with it after it has thawed out again. i am thinking that maybe if it froze that it change the molecules somehow. im no physicist though.

thanks!
                              Team HOSER:dancing:
                              Team OLY:cheerleader:
                              Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

• Monarch Dye

Did a new dye last night on a Champion Monarch.

Just put it up on the disc golf blog I just started back running.

Let me know what you think.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X