Dyed Discs Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • One thing I do when i do the paint on method is too make my mixture fairly pasty, with just the dye and water. I paint on the paste and let it dry completely. I then make it a little wetter and paint the runny dye on top of the dryed up dye. It soaks into the dryed dye and reactivates it. It does take more time cause I have to do it 4-5 times to get the color where I want it normally.
    All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Scott View Post
      Looking forward to it.

      I heard that some mix the dye with Acetone to make it set faster, but all it did was melt the vinyl. You can imagine the rest.
      Mix it with rubbing alcohol, of the 99% variety, and it won't damage the plastic.

      Comment


      • I dont think too many chemicals used in the dyeing process will melt the plastic unless used wrong. I personally avoid chemicals mixed with the dye because i dont want to take that possible risk. Once I used some Laquer thinner to thin out my dye because it was a dry crusty powder. It did melt the vinyl I was masking with, but didnt damage the disc. It made the yellow coloring in this dye look much better. I think you all remember this one

        All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

        Comment


        • hey everybody, i live up in olympia and have been dyeing all last summer, just never had the time to put anything online. well i guess the time is now. here are a couple for you.


          this was one i did for our local bag tag tournament. its a champion sidewinder.


          and this one is a star valkyrie i did for a friend.



          anyways hope you like em, and i will post more now and again.
          Team HOSER:dancing:
          Team OLY:cheerleader:
          Team Meteor

          "Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

          Comment


          • Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
            hey everybody, i live up in olympia and have been dyeing all last summer, just never had the time to put anything online. well i guess the time is now. here are a couple for you.
            I would love to see the bag tag disc a little larger. Well done!

            Comment


            • Alright just one more for now. if i didnt have so much self control i would just post them all!

              this is a chapion leopard, and it is lost. if you happen to see this disc please let me know or just confiscate it and then let me know. i dyed this disc for Ron Bolan.



              ok thats it for now. ya'll have a grreeat day!
              Team HOSER:dancing:
              Team OLY:cheerleader:
              Team Meteor

              "Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

              Comment


              • Originally posted by gwillim View Post
                I would love to see the bag tag disc a little larger. Well done!
                this one should be a bit bigger than the last image.



                happy days to all!
                Team HOSER:dancing:
                Team OLY:cheerleader:
                Team Meteor

                "Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

                Comment


                • That's really pretty.
                  Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by proto something or other View Post
                    That's really pretty.

                    I have never heard a couple smoking skulls called pretty before, but i guess they in a heart!

                    thanks!
                    Team HOSER:dancing:
                    Team OLY:cheerleader:
                    Team Meteor

                    "Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

                    Comment


                    • Well we have to have Troy post a nice pick of the Buzzz he did for me. I'm telling you guys, Troy is really pushing the bar. Post it Troy, it's sweet!
                      J
                      educate your thinking

                      Comment


                      • ive been trying to post it for a few days now. for some reason its not loading to my comp. I will try again soon.
                        All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

                        Comment


                        • OK, I got it to work. The dye itself doesnt look like much, but it was a pain in the ass. It is on a nearly perfectly clear Crystal Buzzz. The thing that made it so difficult was that the bee logo was a raised imprint on the bottom side of the disc. I just added the coloring. with the raised edges I was very worried about bleeding. This disc was so damn beautiful when I got it and didnt want to ruin such a beauty of a disc. Looks like I didnt I will get it back to you as soon as I can J Man!!!

                          All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
                            OK, I got it to work. The dye itself doesnt look like much, but it was a pain in the ass. It is on a nearly perfectly clear Crystal Buzzz. The thing that made it so difficult was that the bee logo was a raised imprint on the bottom side of the disc. I just added the coloring. with the raised edges I was very worried about bleeding. This disc was so damn beautiful when I got it and didnt want to ruin such a beauty of a disc. Looks like I didnt I will get it back to you as soon as I can J Man!!!

                            Thats sweet, plus +1 for creativity.
                            Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

                            Comment


                            • Thanks!!! It wasnt really being creative. It was more of following the raised areas that were already there and making sure not to have bleeding. A pretty simple dye, but definitely a pain in the ass!!!
                              All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
                                Thanks!!! It wasnt really being creative. It was more of following the raised areas that were already there and making sure not to have bleeding. A pretty simple dye, but definitely a pain in the ass!!!
                                Well go to bed lest you be beaten to bad by myself tomorrow, and dont forget to set your clock ahead, would love to meet up with you in the morning and discuss dyes... throw some holes Troz... I am the big bald guy helping to run the tourney.
                                Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X