Dyed Discs Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by snap7times View Post
    I blame my Deafness, was that supposed to be funny or a rap line by snoop? But a cool disc nevertheless
    took me a second too, and being deaf probably doesn't do any favors. you have to say it out loud, and and think of the 70's. and pornography.
    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

    Comment


    • Ahh I was born in the 80's! I said it fast, still dont get it... oh well guess I'm Deaf and Blind for this one... i'll live...

      Comment


      • Bow chicka bow bow....

        Nice dye work, kids!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Susie Sunshine View Post
          Bow chicka bow bow....

          Nice dye work, kids!
          exactly, bow chicka bow wow. The joke works alot better in person when you can say the punchline with the rythem required, but atleast now when I rip a great drive tommorow at Festivus I can say brown chicken brown cow and smile!
          Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by snap7times View Post
            I blame my Deafness
            HEARINGBAGGER!
            Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
            Remain ye men of faculty complete,
            Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
            Attending to our noble bond and contract?
            Or does here stand the last remaining man
            To give a fig for rules and order yet,
            No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
            Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
            Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

            Comment


            • Ok so who's the local artist with some time on their hands?
              I wan't to do something and am in need of some dye work-
              jabber
              the only good salad bar is a drive through-

              Comment


              • Hey Jabber, sorry i didnt return your call. I checked my messages right before bed and forgot about it. send me an email of what you have in mind and I will let you know if I can get it done in the timeframe you are looking for.
                All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

                Comment


                • I just wrote a fairly thorough tutorial about dying. It can be found here...

                  http://blog.ryangwillim.com/?p=309

                  Comment


                  • Man that's a thing of beauty!
                    Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by gwillim View Post
                      I just wrote a fairly thorough tutorial about dying. It can be found here...

                      http://blog.ryangwillim.com/?p=309
                      Well written instructions complete with pictures? Someone buy this man a drink.
                      Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by gwillim View Post
                        I just wrote a fairly thorough tutorial about dying. It can be found here...

                        http://blog.ryangwillim.com/?p=309

                        That is one bad-ass tutorial.

                        Do you ever use the "paint-on" method instead of the dip method? I tried it once with less than favorable results. I would love to see a tutorial on that.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Scott View Post
                          Do you ever use the "paint-on" method instead of the dip method? I tried it once with less than favorable results. I would love to see a tutorial on that.
                          Yes I have used the paint method a couple times, there are some important tricks involved, like mixing your dye with another substance to thicken it, most people use laundry detergent and that works well, and also makes the disc smell nice and clean.

                          I haven't played with that method enough to write a tutorial that I feel would be authoritative, however. Maybe after I play around with it some more.

                          Thanks for the compliments, fellas!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by all2common View Post
                            Man that's a thing of beauty!

                            If you're referring to the disc then the best part is...it's your beauty!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by gwillim View Post
                              If you're referring to the disc then the best part is...it's your beauty!

                              I was referring to my beauty...and how well written your tutorial is.
                              Last edited by all2common; March 3rd, 2009, 08:35 AM. Reason: typo
                              Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by gwillim View Post
                                Yes I have used the paint method a couple times, there are some important tricks involved, like mixing your dye with another substance to thicken it, most people use laundry detergent and that works well, and also makes the disc smell nice and clean.

                                I haven't played with that method enough to write a tutorial that I feel would be authoritative, however. Maybe after I play around with it some more.
                                Looking forward to it.

                                I heard that some mix the dye with Acetone to make it set faster, but all it did was melt the vinyl. You can imagine the rest.

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X