Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gonna have another one done and posted by tomorrow morn. its back to one of my sick Trozle high detailed dyes

This one will be an optical illusion if it turns out right
    All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

• I just thought of a fun idea. If you watch cable TV much, there is a show on there occasionally called Biker Build Off. Each team buils their own chopper and in the end, voters choose their favorite bike. I think it would be fun to bring this idea into the local dye scene. All of local dye artists dye a disc to submit to the voters to decide which is their favorite.

I wouldnt do this to decide who is the best artist around here. No point to that. We all are all great artisits, and o great work in the type of dyes we do. I love Gwillim dyes, Bonitas dyes, Antisocial dyes, Macklins dyes, Vinylguys dyes, and of course my own dyes. There would be no prize for this contest, just all in fun.

Any of you dye artists interested in this type of thing? PM me if you are interested and we can set the ground rules and go from there. My idea is 1 month to come up with your best design to submit to the contest. The disc you dye for it can not be posted on here before the contest deadline. We each submit one design at the end, and voters get to ecide their favorite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
        Without further ado, I proudly present:

many, many hours, and 9 colors of dye. Only a few small mistakes.

I hope you all enjoy. I know I do

Very sweet troy

Is it going in the Bag?

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by gwillim View Post

I liked it better before the background. I think maybe the blue is too dark. Whatever, I still like it. I'm gonna have to do another and leave the bg out though, I think.

I liked it better b4 also.

You really think it needs BG??

the lines are crisp/clean y clutter it up?

maybe a small clump of green trees in the belly of the fish....

very nice work either way Ryan

Comment

• I dont know if mine is going on the wall or in the bag. Its a 168G Star Firebird, and I dont throw those. It will most likely go on the wall, or possibly for sale if anyone wants it, and is willing to pay good for it.

Comment

• as I am working on another one, just about ready for the soak, I was wondering something. Do any of you other dye artsis have a certain routine you go through while you are working on your dyes? I myself have to be listening to music. I listen to pandora.com, and normally have my music choice to "Sublime" type songs. I find it helps me to relax, and concentrate on my work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
                I was wondering something. Do any of you other dye artsis have a certain routine you go through while you are working on your dyes? I myself have to be listening to music.
                I usually listen to underground hip-hop (usually Atmosphere in pandora) or something in the ambient/stoner rock vein.
                Also, I'll usually make a cocktail or have a glass(es) of wine.

Originally posted by Trozzle
                Any of you dye artists interested in this type of thing? PM me if you are interested and we can set the ground rules and go from there. My idea is 1 month to come up with your best design to submit to the contest. The disc you dye for it can not be posted on here before the contest deadline. We each submit one design at the end, and voters get to ecide their favorite.
                I'm not sure if I'd be into this, I'll give it some thought.
                Last edited by gwillim; January 11th, 2009, 05:13 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Here are a couple I got one recently. The pink one wasnt taking color well, and I had to rush it so I could use it in a round.

175 Champ Destroyer:

175 Star Valk:

Comment

• Finally decided what to put on my Boss. I am thinking something like this:

I am taking a step back from the high detail on this one and taking it easy.

Comment

• The Boss is soaking Will post sometime tomorrow!!!!

Comment

• Sorry I have been pretty busy, but loving the dye jobs trozzle and gwillim! Nice work, great inspiration, I may just have to dye a couple this weekend, also possibility of snow Sunday into Monday, if this is the case I may have to stay home on Monday dye me some more. Hope to see you all at Festivus!
                        Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Comment

• OK, I got the Boss done tonight:

Comment

• Nice work Trozzle... I love the boss theme, I have been wanting to do a tony Danza dye for a while, but every image I had found was fugly, but i love yours! Here is a boss that I won for a CTP last weekend, and it comes with a joke!

What are Snoop Dogs two favorite Farm animals?

The Brown Chicken and the Brown Cow....
                            Brown chicken brown cow.

Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Comment

• I blame my Deafness, was that supposed to be funny or a rap line by snoop? But a cool disc nevertheless

Comment

• Originally posted by CarlitosBonitos View Post
                                Nice work Trozzle... I love the boss theme, I have been wanting to do a tony Danza dye for a while, but every image I had found was fugly, but i love yours! Here is a boss that I won for a CTP last weekend, and it comes with a joke!

What are Snoop Dogs two favorite Farm animals?

The Brown Chicken and the Brown Cow....
                                Brown chicken brown cow.

hmmmm sounds like a Cock & Bull story to me......

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X