X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JMan View Post
    Troy, I want to better understand the brush on technique. I have a ghost stamp clear Buzzz, I want to dye just the bee. Better yet I should just have you do it.
    send me a pic of the disc, or a link to a pic so I can see exactly what you are thinking.

As far as my brushing on technique, I just mix a smaller batch of Rit, and using a paintbrush to apply it. If the design has a lot of black lines seperating the ares i want covered, I paint as close to the black line as I can. Trying not to cross over the line into the area that I want a diff color. sometimes hard to do, so some cross bleeding may occur.

If I am brushing on two different colors, not seperated by a black line, I brush on the darkest color first. when i dye the lighter color next to it, I still paint carefully as close as i can to the darker color, trying not to cross into the area.

I have no exact water to Rit ratio, but basically the thicker the mixture, the easier it is to control it and keep it within the lines.
    All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

• should i post the pic I just took of the disc nearly done? or make you all wait 1 or 2 more ays to see the finished project?

Comment

• I think we should wait 1 or 2 more ays.

Comment

• yeah. I just thought I would tease people with an image of whats to come, but I think waiting for the final project will be better, and well worth the wait

Comment

• finished salmon dye

I liked it better before the background. I think maybe the blue is too dark. Whatever, I still like it. I'm gonna have to do another and leave the bg out though, I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwillim View Post
              I liked it better before the background. I think maybe the blue is too dark. Whatever, I still like it. I'm gonna have to do another and leave the bg out though, I think.
              I think it is quite awesome nice work! Seriously not what I had pictured from your discription, but I love it!
              Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Comment

Quality work, nonetheless. I agree with you - I think the bg makes the whole think look a little cluttered.

You mentioned that you applied the bg by remasking the disc. Did you cut the bg on the disc, or did you pre cut it and have to line it up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                  Quality work, nonetheless. I agree with you - I think the bg makes the whole think look a little cluttered.

You mentioned that you applied the bg by remasking the disc. Did you cut the bg on the disc, or did you pre cut it and have to line it up?
                  Pre-cut, line-up. It wasn't too difficult.

Comment

Pre-cut, line-up. It wasn't too difficult.
                    Really?? I would think it would be a pain in the ass.

Comment

There you go thinking again...

Comment

Yes, really. I don't know, it was a pretty quick procedure, maybe I'm just super awesome or something?

Comment

• Without further ado, I proudly present:

many, many hours, and 9 colors of dye. Only a few small mistakes.

I hope you all enjoy. I know I do

Comment

• Impressive. How many colors did you brush on vs. dunk?

Comment

• nice work Gwillim and Trozzle.

Comment

• i dip dyed the black and blue. the other 7 colors were brushed on. I would have had a slightly better result if I did some remasking when i brushed on 2 colored areas next to each other, but i decided to risk it and do it with precision instead

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X