Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had a friend picked me up 45 feet of vinyl today. If all goes well, I'll finish a dye tonight and post a pic to share. It's been about three weeks and I'm so excited!
    Last edited by gwillim; January 6th, 2009, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• I got my first 3 colors of the horror disc done. the other 4 or 5 colors are on hold for now. The store I went to, to get my Rit, doesnt sell it anymore. I picked up the new stuff they have. the saleslady told me it was just as good as Rit, so I picked up all the colors i needed to finish the horror dye. Well, this stuff sucks!!! The color doesnt set in at all. So its on hold until i can make it to another store that I know still sells Rit. The stuff is called "iDye". dont waste your time with it.

I have another one in the works though. my normal sickly detailed dye for this one. should be done in a few days.
      All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

• Yeah the craft stores try and sell you on the IDYE, and they will even tell you its better and more vibrant than the RIT dye, but it doesnt take to the disc at all. Consider yourself warned, he he
        Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Comment

• yeah, this was a craft store, which previously carried Rit. I know for sure that my local Joann's Fabric still has plenty of Rit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
            yeah, this was a craft store, which previously carried Rit. I know for sure that my local Joann's Fabric still has plenty of Rit.
            Yeah they have an awesome selection, and I have found a decent selection at your local WalMart

Comment

• Started this last night. I'm not finished with it yet, I'm going to add a background, either green or red something.

I'm really happy with it, especially considering I haven't dyed anything in about a month.

Comment

• Looking sweet, May I ask... Isnt Green Darker than Red? And wouldn't that mean that if you now laid down green it would dye over the red? I dont have a lot of experience with multiple colors, as I have only done two colors on one disc. Maybe you wouldn't mind offering some tips, and possibly confirming my suspission of the ROYGBIV color sheme, with Red being the lightest and moving down the line to Violet the darkest? I am clueless, and thanks in advance! Maybe Trozzle who has done some sweet multiple colors could also enlighten me???

Comment

• Originally posted by CarlitosBonitos View Post
                  Looking sweet, May I ask... Isnt Green Darker than Red? And wouldn't that mean that if you now laid down green it would dye over the red? I dont have a lot of experience with multiple colors, as I have only done two colors on one disc. Maybe you wouldn't mind offering some tips, and possibly confirming my suspission of the ROYGBIV color sheme, with Red being the lightest and moving down the line to Violet the darkest? I am clueless, and thanks in advance! Maybe Trozzle who has done some sweet multiple colors could also enlighten me???
                  I'm going to make a new mask. The current design will be totally covered with vinyl, so nothing will get on it when I dunk it in the green, or red, or whatever for the background.

Comment

• Okay that makes more sense, I was envisioning you dyeing the background like a sea green to make the fish look like they were in water. Thsi makes more sense. thanks Gwillim!~

Comment

• The secret to any multi color dye is to of course start with the darkest color, and work your way to the lightest. some of the lighter colors will alter the colors previously dyed. The disc i am doing now is 8 colors total. I only dipped the black and light blue. all of the other colors are getting brushed on to limit the amout of cross coloring.

I just got back from Joanne's and got me some Rit, so its back to business on the horror disc

Comment

• Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
                        The secret to any multi color dye is to of course start with the darkest color, and work your way to the lightest. some of the lighter colors will alter the colors previously dyed. The disc i am doing now is 8 colors total. I only dipped the black and light blue. all of the other colors are getting brushed on to limit the amout of cross coloring.

I just got back from Joanne's and got me some Rit, so its back to business on the horror disc
                        Thansk trozz... Am i correct in assuming the lightest to darkest scale follows the ROYGBIV color scheme, like in a rainbow?

Comment

• Troy, I want to better understand the brush on technique. I have a ghost stamp clear Buzzz, I want to dye just the bee. Better yet I should just have you do it.
                          educate your thinking

Comment

Am i correct in assuming the lightest to darkest scale follows the ROYGBIV color scheme, like in a rainbow?
                            Nope. ROYGBV is the order of the hues, not the lightnesses. For example, orange and green are on either side of yellow in the spectrum, but obviously most colors we'd call "orange" and "green" are darker than yellow.
                            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

• Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                              Nope. ROYGBV is the order of the hues, not the lightnesses. For example, orange and green are on either side of yellow in the spectrum, but obviously most colors we'd call "orange" and "green" are darker than yellow.
                              Yeah, thats kind of what my common sense side said, but my scientific side said, remember ROY-G-BIV. Thanks for clearing that up

Comment

Thansk trozz... Am i correct in assuming the lightest to darkest scale follows the ROYGBIV color scheme, like in a rainbow?
                                Basically, depending on the colors being used, it is normally black first (darkest). Lets say you are a Duck fan for some strange reason. Your dye is also going to have Green and Yellow in it. obviously Green is darker than yellow, so it would go on second, and then the yellow would come last. Obviously you cant dye white onto a disc, so if you want any of it to be white, get a white disc and leave those ares masked off until the very end.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X