Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So you would think with all of the holidays and snow/ ice there would be a ton of dyes being done. I found myself a dyeing a couple, and my wife did a quick spongebob. I found a neat rising sun stencil I decided to do, and then I did my second favorite dye job ever. I absolutly loved Rob And Big which is no longer airing new epsiodes, so I did a tribute so they can live on forever on the disc golf course. I made the lettering of Do work blend with the shadows of there shirts, pretty darned cool if I do say so myself, Happy Holidays!
    DO WORK SON!
    Death from Below~
    Bob Esponga for you spanish speakers!
    Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Comment

• I love me some Rob and Big!! Nice! You gonna dye a Black Lavender disc? Haha!!

Comment

• I love Rob and Big too! I tell people all the time to do work. People at my actual place of work don't seem to appreciate it as much as golfers and skiiers.

Comment

• I finally compiled almost all of my dyes into one foto album. There are a few missing. Some of my dyes I didn't even take pictures of before I gave them away...doh!

Anyhow, here's the link, hope someone enjoys peeking at them, or gains some inspiration or whatevs.

GwillimDyed

I haven't been able to get to the sign shop for about three weeks now and it's driving me crazy. Hopefully in the next week I'll have some fresh dyes coming out!

-Gwillim

Comment

• Originally posted by gwillim View Post
            I finally compiled almost all of my dyes into one foto album. There are a few missing. Some of my dyes I didn't even take pictures of before I gave them away...doh!

Anyhow, here's the link, hope someone enjoys peeking at them, or gains some inspiration or whatevs.

GwillimDyed

I haven't been able to get to the sign shop for about three weeks now and it's driving me crazy. Hopefully in the next week I'll have some fresh dyes coming out!

-Gwillim
            Great dyes Ryan!

Bob

Comment

• I'd love to see my avatar on a disc. Who can or wants to do this?

Bob

Comment

• Bee disc #2 will be done and posted in about an hour, stay tuned.

and Bob, I would love to do that dye for you
                All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

I finally compiled almost all of my dyes into one foto album. There are a few missing. Some of my dyes I didn't even take pictures of before I gave them away...doh!

GwillimDyed

-Gwillim
                  those are some sweet dyes, and the lines are so clean! How do you get the lines so fine? I assume you are handcutting those with the exacto logo and all, so whats your secret? I can get fine lines witha ruler if it has a straight edge, but the curves and letters are perfect... nice work, I commend you!

Comment

• Originally posted by CarlitosBonitos View Post
                    those are some sweet dyes, and the lines are so clean! How do you get the lines so fine? I assume you are handcutting those with the exacto logo and all, so whats your secret? I can get fine lines witha ruler if it has a straight edge, but the curves and letters are perfect... nice work, I commend you!
                    First, thank you for the compliment, it's nice to know my attention to detail is noticed.

Secondly, my secret lies in my anal retentive nature. I don't think I do anything differently than other dyers in terms of technique, but I do work fairly slowly and very precisely with my knife. Some of those dyes took up to 4 hours just to cut out.

Comment

• Anal power!!!
                      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

• ok, so here is bee disc 2. terrible pic, but you get the idea. I did all i could to save it after the near disaster with the dye getting into the underside somehow. Also, the vinyl I have is really crappy, kinda like contact paper.

I definitely prefer the outcome of the first bee disc a lot more.

Comment

• Hey that still came out pretty cool, and not even close to a ruined dye! Nice work, bummer on the spillage. I have learned that lesson about working with inferior vinyl, it can be done, but when possible avoid it. I was bored watching a lame Rose Bowl, but atleast it kind of felt like our (the beavers) older big brother (Trojans) beet up the bullies today. Anyways I thought this was going to be interesting to look at on a disc, not perfect, but not terrible either.
                          JUMP

Comment

• Like Ryan and probably most dyers out there, here is what you need to dye

and most importantly:

and

Comment

• For those of you not on ODSA, here i sthe next one in the works.

Comment

GwillimDyed
                                -Gwillim
                                You have the cleanest dyes out there. Nice work.
                                Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X