X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences in the roc?

I do believe this conversation happened before but I am curious as to what each roc does (dx, kc-pro, ontario, etc.)

I am sure someone who is bored will go extensively into the nuances of the different Rocs. I can give my personal experiences but I don't' have time this minute.

Comment

Dx roc-out of the box decent stability beats in to a hyzer flip disc in about 4 to 6 months give or take.
      KC pro- out of the box a bit more stable than dx and will beat into hyzer flip in about 8 to 12 months give or take (money!)
      Ontario- a bit more glide out of the box very easy to throw straight with a bit of come back at the end.
      Champ- overstable out of box hyzer flip in years.
      Star- similar to champ out of the box not sure how long they stay stable.

All in all the roc is the shnit. I recomend throwing dx until you learn the flight and moving to kc. Champ and star are a total different monster and can be used in their own way.
      Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

I use a star and a KC and an Ontario. The Ontario is crazy straight with a very floaty feel to the flight pattern. It really seems to float longer and farther than the other Rocs. I really like mine.

Comment

What type of plastic is the Ontario Roc?

Comment

I use 2 ontarios (Star and DX) The star is as Brian describes - floaty and longish.

Occassionally I throw in a champion Ontario in the summer for longer shots with more turn at the end of the flight than the other plastics - the flight is a bit less floaty, but wicked straight!

The so-far unmentioned roc that I wouldn't play without carrying is the super roc. If I throw all my rocs equally in a field, these are usually 20 feet past the Ontarios particularly my super-beat, 'cancer' roc that is losing the top layer of plastic and is super under-stable. I can put this on an anhyzer line and it will carry it throughout the flight, flattening out and landing straight and flat.

I've lost count of the strokes that disc has taken off my games...

Comment

Originally posted by erp View Post
              If I throw all my rocs equally in a field, these are usually 20 feet past the Ontarios particularly my super-beat, 'cancer' roc that is losing the top layer of plastic and is super under-stable. ...
              Is the Cancer roc the Xout that I dyed for you??? THat is a perfect name for it if it is, made me laugh pretty hard... Did I just admit to laughing at cancer? Oopps my bad.. we need to get together for a round ERP.. what are you doing tomorrow?
              Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Comment

Don't forget the classic roc! I have never thrown one so I can't tell what they are like.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9SSP...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa View Post
                  Don't forget the classic roc! I have never thrown one so I can't tell what they are like.
                  Doesn't really factor into this discussion because it is an entirely diffent mold.

Comment

And, having thrown one, I can tell you that my experience was entirely forgettable...there are a few people that swear by them, but I don't have a need for them in my ~12 disc bag...

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                    Doesn't really factor into this discussion because it is an entirely diffent mold.

Comment

I think "Classic Roc" was just too good a name for Innova's marketing department to pass up. They probably just put it on the next mold they tried out.
                      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

KC Rocs have a differents sound when you flick them, a little harder sounding. Flat top glow rocs are my roc of choice, I do carry both a DX and KC in my bag, but FT Glow is the most stable and most predictable for me. Predictability is the main reason for throwing rocs anyway. If you throw hyzer, they hyzer. If tyou throw an-hyzer, they anny.
                        A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Similar condition, different disc - I'm on a hiatus from throwing until I can walk without a limp...I've got a lower back issue that shoots pain and numbness down my left leg and I have to fight the urge to throw for a few weeks to let things get back to normal.

That or go get treated for sciatica and pay a couple thousand dollars and wait a few weeks to throw.... but once I'm off the bench, I'm there...

Originally posted by CarlitosBonitos View Post
                          Is the Cancer roc the Xout that I dyed for you??? THat is a perfect name for it if it is, made me laugh pretty hard... Did I just admit to laughing at cancer? Oopps my bad.. we need to get together for a round ERP.. what are you doing tomorrow?

Comment

Sciatica can be a pain in the ass: mine, right now. I'll probably play through the pain and hope it gets better. Walking usually helps. Sitting in a computer chair usually doesn't. Neither does mowing the course, which is overdue. Maybe I'll run over a Roc with the mower and get back on topic.
                            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

When my sciatic nerve acts up I try stretching the back of my legs. Its not a cure all, but it definetly helps. Im sure your doc has said the same thing. Oh yea ROC, there Im back on topic!
                              A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X