Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever seen a 130-135 gram Discraft putter?

I am a small old (62 yrs, 145 lbs) throw & catch player, that has just gotten into golf.

I am having the most success with lighter discs. My longest drives are with a 134 gram Surge.

I started putting with a 170 gram Putt'r, then moved to a 150 gram Magnet with fair results. Then I tried a 117 gram Lightning Upshot today, and really liked how it flew "like a Frisbee". I could still "push" it for short putts, and for longer tries (anything over about 35 feet is "long" for me) I was much more accurate. I think something in-between 150 & 117 might be perfect for me.

So, I would love to find a 130-135 gram Discraft putter. Anyone out there ever seen one? Or have one they could part with?

Thanks,

James

I've never seen any 130g Discraft putters, but Marshall Street has some super-light (and super-cheap) Gateway Magics and Warlocks.

Also, Innova makes the Sonic in pretty light weights; Disc Golf Center has them down to 135g.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
      So, I would love to find a 130-135 gram Discraft putter. Anyone out there ever seen one? Or have one they could part with?
      I have a 145g Reef. It's the same mold as either the APX or the Magnet, can't remember. Anyhow, it's pretty dang light and floaty. It has been used, but not abused, let me know if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
        I am a small old (62 yrs, 145 lbs)...
        I'm afraid you'll have to choose a different description. I've already got that one tied up.
        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

They make ultra light challengers that run 110 grams. I don't have any but I've thrown some and it sounds like it could work for you.
          A par is not a bogey.

Comment

If your looking for light plastic, there are 90 gram buzz lites', not sure if thats too light for your taste, but they sure are fun to throw. As far as where to get them, I would try Scott Papa's Pro shop at Dailiwood CG. If he doesn't have them, he could certainely point you in the right direction.
            A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

My son has a 110 magnet, a 113 roc, a 134 leopard, and a 137 orc. Check marshalstreet which was recomended in an earlier post they have a good superlight selection.
              Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

I used to have a 145 polecat by Innova. Its a good disc for beginners and people converting from catch and throw to golf.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9SSP...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by gwillim View Post
                  I have a 145g Reef. It's the same mold as either the APX or the Magnet, can't remember. Anyhow, it's pretty dang light and floaty. It has been used, but not abused, let me know if you're interested.
                  Thanks for the offer, but I don't think that would be much different from the 150 Magnet I have.

James

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X