Rose City Open Champion Discs Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rose City Open Champion Discs

    Does anyone know what Innova disc was used for the Rose City Open 2009 souvenir? I bought one in champion plastic but I forgot to ask which disc from Innova Stumptown selected.

    Thanks.

  • #2
    The player's pack discs were a number of molds - I had a Boss before I donated it to the tweakers that pull the discs from the pond at Dabney.

    The real 'souvenir' disc with the full color wood pecker on it was a star ontario roc...

    Originally posted by Twitch View Post
    Does anyone know what Innova disc was used for the Rose City Open 2009 souvenir? I bought one in champion plastic but I forgot to ask which disc from Innova Stumptown selected.

    Thanks.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by erp View Post
      The player's pack discs were a number of molds - I had a Boss before I donated it to the tweakers that pull the discs from the pond at Dabney.

      The real 'souvenir' disc with the full color wood pecker on it was a star ontario roc...
      Right mold wrong disc, the woodpecker was the Beaver State Fling discs, the Stumptown montage was the Rose City Open disc.
      PDGA #25296
      Stumptown #34

      Comment


      • #4
        Ahh yes - sorry, I've been unemployed so I haven't bought either...my roc fetish is chained up in the corner and it hasn't been fed for months.

        Originally posted by Flash View Post
        Right mold wrong disc, the woodpecker was the Beaver State Fling discs, the Stumptown montage was the Rose City Open disc.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Twitch View Post
          Does anyone know what Innova disc was used for the Rose City Open 2009 souvenir? I bought one in champion plastic but I forgot to ask which disc from Innova Stumptown selected.

          Thanks.

          Is there a letter or two written on the underside of the disc in the center next to the weight?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Scott View Post
            Is there a letter or two written on the underside of the disc in the center next to the weight?
            Hmm, good question. The letters appear to be 'BO'.

            Thanks for the suggestion.

            -Mark

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Twitch View Post
              Hmm, good question. The letters appear to be 'BO'.

              Thanks for the suggestion.

              -Mark
              That would be a boss.

              http://www.innovadiscs.com/discs/abbrev.html

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Scott View Post
                Cool,

                I just found the link myself after poking around Innova's website. Completely skipped my mind to think about the other letters that are marked on the discs. I don't plan to throw it much but at least I can evaluate the model. I played disc golf for a few years down in Santa Cruz and then stopped in 01 when I moved to Portland. I just got back in the game and I am loving it again. This disc makes sense to me now. I am a right handed person but throw LHBH or RHFH - go figure. Anyway, at 175 grams and this speed of disc, from the few throws I have tossed in an open field, my arm strength is just not there yet.

                Thanks again,

                Mark

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                  Cool,

                  I just found the link myself after poking around Innova's website. Completely skipped my mind to think about the other letters that are marked on the discs. I don't plan to throw it much but at least I can evaluate the model. I played disc golf for a few years down in Santa Cruz and then stopped in 01 when I moved to Portland. I just got back in the game and I am loving it again. This disc makes sense to me now. I am a right handed person but throw LHBH or RHFH - go figure. Anyway, at 175 grams and this speed of disc, from the few throws I have tossed in an open field, my arm strength is just not there yet.

                  Thanks again,

                  Mark
                  Yeah, it is a lot of disc. It can be good for forehand. If you release it so it starts to the left it will recover and finish right, giving a nice "S" pattern and some extra distance. It is also good for shorter shots that need to finish hard right or with a big skip.

                  Comment

                  Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X